Lost 4g in Washington DC
usmcdad

Been having great 4G service since last spring.  This week lost all 4G and been  getting only 3.  Anyone else having similar?

0 Likes
Re: Lost 4g in Washington DC
djysrv
Enthusiast - Level 2

My experience on recent business trip to DC is that 4G doesn't work well there.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello usmcdad,

Based on your original posting, it sounds like you have gotten used to the blazing fast speeds of our 4G network! I can certainly understand your 4G concern in the DC area as 4G data connectivity is a super fast and addictive service. I'm assuming that you have an HTC Thunderbolt since this is the Thunderbolt thread, correct? Are you able to browse the web using your device? If so then what other specific service is not accessing 4G like you prefer? The services that I'm curious about are the mobile hotspot feature and the app download process. Currently, there aren't any network related issues reported in Washington, DC. If you can be so kind as to provide me the zip code in which you are using the device in then I can research further about the coverage in the area. In the interim, I have provided some basic troubleshooting steps to assist with your 4G connectivity. Please see below:

• Verify your current signal icon. (4G, 3G, 1X).
  • Remove any 3rd party apps that manages data connections or task killers.
  • Clear cache on commonly used data apps in Settings under Manage Apps.
  • Do a battery pull and a SIM card pull, wait 30 seconds, and re-insert then start device.
  • Perform a factory reset on the device. (See link  below)

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=39075

Prior to completing the last step, a factory reset, it is recommended to back up all personal information on the device. Contacts can be saved to My Verizon by using the app Backup Assistant. Calendar entries can be preserved by using your Gmail account. Pictures, videos, and music can be moved to the memory card for archiving. Once the reset has been performed, the device would need to be reactivated. There is a brief tutorial on the device that will walk you through the activation and setup process. Once the device is setup, please test all voice and data services for proper functionality. If the issue still persist then please reply to this message for additional assistance.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
usmcdad

Last week the 4g icon disappeared and replaced with 3g or 1x depending on circumstances. 99% of the time since March 2011 I have solid 4g. A coworker whom I commute with said the.same thing happened to him last week. 4g disappeared and hasn't come back yet. Nothing but 3g. His is a newer Samsung Stratosphere 4g. How can it be my phone and his phone on exactly the same timing for loss of service? I've removed battery, simcard and sdcard for over a minute with no change.

0 Likes