Major Thunderbolt/Verizon issues and NOTHING gets resolved~!
jjw76

This happens to me as well.  It is NOT that anyone is replying to the wrong person.  This is happening 95 % of the time to me and I have a lot of texts every day.  It is VERY embarrassing!!  It started out randomly and then every day and now all day, every day.  It is so bad that some people just ignore when they get a wrong message instead of asking me what I mean.

I have had Verizon since June and I am absolutely disgusted by the service - actually- NON service I have gotten.  I started out with bad reception/no reception, dropped calls, frozen sim card, phone shutting off, and the latest text messages randomly replying to whoever the phone chooses at the time.  I am on my 4th phone, all replaced by Best Buy.  The first two weeks I had Verizon, I spent over 15 hours physically in Best Buy trying to get service to my phone- or reception and not dropped calls.  I had to use a 3G phone for half of week 2 because my sim card was frozen with Verizon and a ticket was put in. 

At this point, a week ago I contacted Verizon and asked that I be let out of my contract and after speaking with a manager, the manager told me he would have someone from customer loyalty call me.  No one did.  This past Wednesday, 5 days later, I contacted Verizon again.  I was on the phone for over THREE hours, transferred to a total of SIX people that I had to go through my entire story with and even told by the third person up in the Customer Loyalty dept, that before they could think about letting me out and waiving the early termination fee, I had to agree to allow a technician to come to my house and troubleshoot my phone and also check the local network and towers.  I already explained that no one else with this phone or any other Verizon phone around me is having the same problems as me and a close relative has the exact phone, lives within a mile of me and travels similar roads as I do, even out of town, and does not have ANY of these issues.  I finally got person #6 and he said he was going to help me, apologized for everything that has happened to me, told me that the representative who told me that a technician  would come to my house was very incorrect and Verizon does not send ANYONE to your house.  He said he was emailing the people above him about my whole situation and all of the problems I have had and with Verizon Tech Support and Customer Service, as well as my call so they could hear how frustrated and upset I was.  I was told he would call me back this past Thursday morning at 11:30 am my time and at that point I could give him a different number to call me on so he could troubleshoot my phone.  After two months of all of this, even HE did NOT call me back!!!  I have wasted so many hours of my time and Verizon does not value me or respect me in the least bit of way.  There has been ZERO follow through on anyone's part and for some odd reason, Verizon still feels they are holding their end of the contract up and will NOT release me free of charge from my contract.  I am at the point where I do not even know who to turn to for help anymore except the Better Business Bureau.  In the past week alone, I have spent almost 5 hours on the phone with Verizon, in two phone calls.  None of my issues have been resolved and I want out and they are holding me hostage, actually my boyfriend because it was his existing account that I added onto. 

I am purely disgusted and Verizon does not care one bit as it is clear to see as they cannot even follow through after 6 people and a three hour phone conversation last Wednesday evening.  How can I be held to a contract after 14 days when after over two months, I have not had quality service and zero issues resolved?  I have been told by Verizon because I still have used my phone and talked many minutes.  Yes, I have but it is also very well documented and I have a long list of people I can involve to prove all of the issues I have had.  I am begging for some direction here from anyone............

I was a Customer Service Manager for 13 1/2 years and ran a call center and I have never in my life been treated so poorly by a company and continuously.  Verizon needs to be held to their OWN standards and the LEAST they could do is let me out of my contract FREE- $330 is not much to write off considering ALL of the time I have spent on this as well as their own people who seem to just like to pass you off to the next person and lie to you over and over.  I can guarantee they have paid out this amount in wages to the people for the phone calls I have made already!!! 

If there is anyone out there that can help me or give me contact information for someone who can actually RESOLVE this for me, please please help!!!

0 Likes
Re: Major Thunderbolt/Verizon issues and NOTHING gets resolved~!
AZSALUKI
Legend

have you tried having them send you a replacement? it's usually very easy to get them to send you a replacement.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

jjw76 wrote:

I have had Verizon since June and I am absolutely disgusted by the service - actually- NON service I have gotten.  I started out with bad reception/no reception, dropped calls, frozen sim card, phone shutting off, and the latest text messages randomly replying to whoever the phone chooses at the time.  I am on my 4th phone, all replaced by Best Buy.  The first two weeks I had Verizon, I spent over 15 hours physically in Best Buy trying to get service to my phone- or reception and not dropped calls.

WHY did you keep your phone and not turn it in during the 1st 2 weeks when you can get a different phone???? Maybe it's just me, but I would not have gone past the 1st 2 weeks.

0 Likes
Jwoww
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'd advise speaking to an attorney and seeing if there is any legal loophole you can squeak through.

0 Likes
jjw76
My sim card was locked up for five days in the first two weeks and I did get a replacement phone also. I am on #4 of phones. HTC told me all of this is caused by Verizon and with the way my line was set - up, provisioned, which makes loyal sense to me.
Attorney - yes I agree. Any recommendations from anyone who has had to do this before ?
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I feel your frustration but why do so many only hear the word SUE?    I am amazed of the level of issues that you have had with the device and CS, I have been with them for about 4 years and everytime I had a issue they have resolved my issues rather easily and the device has been working incredible for me.

Have you tried to hard reset the device?

Hard Reset - HTC Thunderbolt ADR6400

Performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. Only perform this reset if absolutely necessary.
If the preferred method is not available, there is an Alternate Method.

Preferred Method
  1. From the Home screen, select the applications tab (lower-left corner).
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select SD & phone storage.
  4. Select Factory data reset.
  5. Select Reset phone.
  6. Select Erase Everything.

Alternate Method
  1. Press and hold down the Power Key (upper-right corner).
  2. Select Power Off.
  3. Press and hold the volume down key then press the Power / End key.
    When the HBOOT screen appears, release the keys.
  4. Press the volume down key to select Factory Reset then press the Power / End key.
    This boot process takes several moments, reference the progress bar located in the upper-right. If the device hangs or freezes, remove / replace the battery, refer to Inserting / removing the battery for additional assistance.

0 Likes
Dnakaman
Contributor - Level 1

I feel the same way Wildman. 

But I guess it must be the principle of it all for some people.  I'm sure there are many other ways to resolve the issue. 

As you said, I've not ever had any issus with any carriers I've been with end up with having to "sue" anyone.

It just seems counter productive to me to pay someone (a lawyer) a fee to save a fee (ETF)?

But that's just me.  :smileywink:

0 Likes
jjw76
Well that is not my objective either. I do not know how to get Verizon to step up to the plate and FOLLOW THROUGH. how many more hours do I have to spend after 2 1/2 months of zero issues resolved ? I don't know how else to get help anymore. I even got an email on here from an Adam at Verizon requesting I send him my name and telephone number and saying he can help me. That was Monday and even HE has not followed through. I know people too who have no problems and that is what gets me because even now HTC told me it is the way Verizon set up my line and they need to reprovision it. I am fed up with Verizon and their lack of follow through on anything and NOT respecting a NEW customer enough when it is THEIR fault. I guess they don't care because they have so many customers that retention isn't part of their plan.
0 Likes
julienjeff
I so agree! I got this phone late may. It was ok but the change to WiFi to 3g was a pita. Then the "fix" started the reboot and text messages intended for my unruly teenager going to my boss! It also crashed my Skype when child wad in Europe. My issue is they sold me this above the iPhone. I was insistent to get iPhone but was promised how great bolt was...all the while they knew about these issues and flat out lied. They take my $200 a month along with waving a middle finger at me.I better have this fixed before they release another phone. Consumer reports and bbq here I come...I am over calling Verizon to be lied to. I was taken for a ride and will not update another line. I won't sue...pointless but this issue won't be fixed with another handset. I am singing my tune about all of this..I am disgusted over it all. I will leave and cancel my 15 y/o account...I know...NO ONE CARES!
0 Likes
julienjeff
BBB...aa better business...not bbq lol
0 Likes