Market won't update to Google Play
mintgreen

My Rhyme is still stuck in the old green and white market, and won't update to anything newer.  I waited around for a little bit hoping that I would get it soon, but all of my other apps updated such as Play Music, Play Movies and Play Books.  I'm just stuck with the old old market.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Market won't update to Google Play
Wildman
Legend
0 Likes
B33
Legend

Go to your Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Select Downloaded or All Scroll down to the Market an Clear the Cache > Data then hit Home to Close Power the Phone Off of pull the Battery. Once that's Finished  go into the Market an Accept the Terms an See if Pops it Up. If this does not Work let me Know on Here.. b33

0 Likes
mintgreen

Clear Cache is grayed out and not an option to select.  it says 0.0 Bytes.  The only available options are Force Stop and Clear Data.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest pressing the "Clear data" button and the "Uninstall Updates" button if available.  This will force you to accept the terms again, but it should force the app to update to the latest version.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I did that Ann an my little Berger wouldn't update it till just yesterday Lol it had me scratching head an i was probably driving Wildman nuts asking him what to do to fix it Lol   but as i said i got it finally an all is Good.. Wildman i had to throw that in there an you do help us allot..Thanks for all the help.. 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Update to one posted at https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/800567#800567 and then it should update from there..

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

the thread that wildman linked has a post with the QR code (or whatever those things are called). you can use barcode scanner or any other qr scanner app to easily update it.

0 Likes
mintgreen

Excellent!  That did the trick.  Thanks!!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Glad it got up up and running...

0 Likes
Kelli_88
Enthusiast - Level 1

You rock Wildman!  I have been searching for months trying to figure out why my market wasn't updating and finally stumbled upon this thread today.  My market is now Google Play! 

0 Likes