Marketplace Disappeared from Applications
merceg

Can anyone tell me how to get the markeplace icon back under applications on my phone? I just got the phone 3 days ago, downloaded 2 apps yesterday and now all of a sudden the Marketplace icon is missing. I haven't done any personalizing of the phone, other than the ring tone and the wallpaper so I don't know how this disappeared.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks,

0 Likes
Re: Marketplace Disappeared from Applications
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it was called "Market" before, look for a "Play Store" icon. It looks like a multi-colored "Play" arrow.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
merceg

Aha, I see that one. I wondered where it had come from and the other had disappeared. Thank you for resolving that mystery!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Google rebranded the Google Market to the Google Play Store in the past year after the HTC Rhyme was first released for sale. The phone comes stock with the Market app and will automatically updated to the Play Store once you open it once and accept the terms and conditions of the application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes