Misdirected Bookmarks
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Why does the bookmark for my Verizon on my phone not work? Why do the links for my account on the Verizon Home book mark not work? They just say device not supported. This is annoying.

0 Likes
Re: Misdirected Bookmarks
phat6
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree, why can't we remove things that don't work or will ever use. The ones I don't like are blockbuster(are they even around anymore?), vznavigator(why pay when Google is free). I don't use Facebook or Geoffrey but I can't remove any of these apps that are useless to me and using space.on my phone.

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

These aren't apps they are bookmarks. My thunderbolt doesn't have Facebook pre loaded.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Which bookmarks are you speaking of?? I deleted all the VZW preloaded ones and just have what sites I go to loaded.

To delete bookmarks, open the Browser, click Bookmarks, click Menu and there is a deleted option

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

It's the My Verizon one and the Verizon Home one.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi lemew,

I would like to help and eliminate the annoyance you're experiencing with your HTC Thunderbolt internet browser not accessing the correct websites.

You mentioned the two websites you are trying to access as bookmarks were My Verizon and Verizon Home; please tell me the steps you took to add these sites as bookmarks.  For example, when you go to the "Internet" icon, what specific address do you type (www....com) and does the browser go to the correct site?  Once at the page you're wanting to bookmark and you select the "Menu" key, then "Add bookmark", what is listed in the "Location" field for each site?

Let me know so I can further assist.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

They were pre loaded. When I called customer service about them they said that they just didn't work anyway. However, I would like to add, that since I have posted about them they miraculously began to work for the first time since purchasing this phone. I have had it for three months. It wasn't a huge ordeal however I always wondered why something inherent to the os was meant to 'not work'. I thought that perhaps others had noticed this as well.

0 Likes