Moving files with the Rezound
ronalde000

Hi would anyone happen to know how to moves files around within the HTC Rezound? Bought a ringtone with the idea of using it for notification alert. Unfortunately it does not show up in the List of available notification sounds just in the list of ring tones Is there a way I can move it from the ring tones folder to the Notifications folder?

0 Likes
Re: Moving files with the Rezound
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A file explorer application from the Google Play Store (formerly Android Market) will work nicely.  Estrongs or Astro are the well know ones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RonaldE

after fighter with the Verizon website to get logged back in here finally made it. I tried both of those apps and neither will work. Instead get this message java.io.FileNotFoundException:/system/media/audio/notifications/R2D2Speaks.dm (Read-only file system). which I'm guessing means its not compatible with the internal programming of the phone. The file itself was saved to the download folder of the phone.   Anyone have any other ideas?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

RonaldE wrote:

after fighter with the Verizon website to get logged back in here finally made it. I tried both of those apps and neither will work. Instead get this message java.io.FileNotFoundException:/system/media/audio/notifications/R2D2Speaks.dm (Read-only file system). which I'm guessing means its not compatible with the internal programming of the phone. The file itself was saved to the download folder of the phone.   Anyone have any other ideas?

You were almost there.  Instead create the following folder structure on the SD card using a file explorer app.

SDcard/media/audio/notifications

Then move your downloaded file from the download folder to the notifications folder that you just created.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RonaldE

Well tried that. Phone won't even recognize it when it's in those folders.

Even tried restarting the phone. Only thing I haven't done is unmount the

SD card, wich I doubt will help anyways.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

That should work, are you understanding the SD Card part isn't a folder?  Open SD Card directory and just use the /media/audio/notifications of directory,

0 Likes
RonaldE

Yes I do and for some reason my phone will not even recognise the file now.

Possible bug with the OS? But if I move the file back to the download

folder it sees it. Could it possibly have something to do with the text

message that Verizon sent that the ringtone is embedded in?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

No that shouldn't effect the device seeing the files there, that is strange because all other devices saving the files in the directory Ann supplied without issues.  That method works on my TB and the Rezound it basically the same device..

0 Likes