Music player not working
mwbarr10

The music player on my thunderbolt stops working (pauses) about 5 seconds after the screen times out. I have tried the HTC, Android and Tunewiki music player that came on the phone and the same happens in all applications. 

I haven't used the music player in about a week, at which time it was functioning properly, and over the weekend discovered this error. I have not made any setting changes and would like to play my music longer than 30 seconds. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.   

0 Likes
Re: Music player not working
Wildman
Legend

Try turning the screen of on your own instead of allowing it to auto sleep and see if this happens then because it sounds ike when the device goes to sleep it is set to stop music playback and also with the online music apps are you noticing the data connection dropping when device goes to sleep, I have notice this as a issue also...

Some apps have a option to keep player alive even after device sleeps but I do not think the stock app has this option..

0 Likes
mwbarr10

You are correct, it also happened with my online music apps (Pandora, Slacker). 

I turned the screen off on my own and my music stopped. 

This is a new issue and did not happen in the previous 4 months that I have had the phone. 

0 Likes
MikeSobe
Contributor - Level 1

The default music player will continue to play even after the phone shuts the screen off.  Are you playing music by entering the music player and picking a song or are you opening it up via a different program such as the web browser?  If you open up an mp3 from the downloads section of the webbrowser it will act differently than if you open up a song from the player itself.

0 Likes
mwbarr10

I am using the default music player and that is what is pausing about 10- 15 seconds after the phone shuts the screen off. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Mwbarr10, I understand how frustrating it can be to not be able to play your music. I use my device all the time for music also. Do you have any task killers or antivirus applications installed? If so, uninstall those in case they may be causing the issue. Next, boot the phone into safe mode to see the issue still occurs. If the issue does not occur in safe mode, then an application is causing this issue. Try removing recently installed applications. If it still occurs in safe mode, there may be an issue in the software. Try clearing cache/data from the music player. This will not delete music, but may delete your playlists. The last step, if still not working, would be to complete a hard reset

0 Likes