My HTC 1 phone is completely charged and after a few calls the battery goes down Why?
56Rod

My HTC 1 phone is completely charged and after a few calls then battery goes down fast Why?

HTC One

0 Likes
Re: My HTC 1 phone is completely charged and after a few calls the battery goes down Why?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Dr. Verizon is here to do a device checkup 56Rod! Let's start with is there any physical/liquid damage on your HTC One? Are you using the original charger that came with the device? also, have you done any software or app updates recently on the device? As you share the details then we can troubleshoot together.
ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: My HTC 1 phone is completely charged and after a few calls the battery goes down Why?
56Rod

there is no water damage to my HTC one phone and my HTC one is up to date. also my data use is very high and I don't go on the web with this phone at all. my battery goes down in power real fast.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Got it! Thanks for those details. How much battery life is actually being consumed? Do you notice any overheating to the device?

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
56Rod

after 5 hours it has 50% battery and no heat at all. I have shut different apps off and it still uses battery. do you think the battery is going bad - the HTC one is 1 1/2 years old and it held up good when it was new but has gone down hill ever since. Is there a way to install a new battery?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We certainly want you to get the most out of the device! To confirm is this the HTC One M7 or M8? When checking Settings>Power, what are some of the top apps and processes using battery? The battery is warrantied for one year so it is possible it is past its prime. Only HTC directly would be able to review replacement options of only the battery. I am eager to continue troubleshooting though!

YaleK_VZW
0 Likes
56Rod

HTC One M7, Google play services, People, Htc Service Pack, Sense Home.

0 Likes
56Rod

The system usage on battery is- Android System, Cell standby, Wi-Fi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for clarifying! These are general system processes so it seems 3rd party apps are not a main culprit of the drain. Are you using the original charger? Does the battery charge fully each time on cord?
YaleK_VZW
0 Likes
56Rod

Yes i'm using the original charger and it charges to 100%. I tried something and tell me what you think.

last night I charged my HTC one M7 phone to a full charge than I turned my phone off overnight and got up this AM and turned my phone back on and it was at 90% - the phone lost 10% overnight in the off position.

0 Likes