My HTC REZOUND will not connect to home WiFi
Pinebear
Enthusiast - Level 2

My HTC REZOUND will not connect to home WiFi.  All I ever see when I attempt to connect to my home WiFi are two messages:

Authenticating...

Saved, Secured with WPA2

And these two messages are continuously flip-flopping.  All other devices in the house connect flawlessly and include phones, tablets, laptops, TV, Kindles, etc., both ours and those brought in by others.

Android version: 4.0.3

HTC Sense version: 3.6

Software number: 4.05.605.14 710RD,

Any ideas of what the problem might be or what other info might I need to provide?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My HTC REZOUND will not connect to home WiFi
Pinebear
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife attended a luncheon at a friend's home this afternoon.  Knowing that, I asked her to attempt to connect to WiFi while there, assuming they had such.  They did, and she had no trouble connecting.  When she returned home I deleted the entry for our WiFi and re-added it.

It now works fine??????????????  Live and learn.  Should have tried that from the get go.  Sorry to have taken up your time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Has it ever connected before? Have you verified the home WiFi router doesn't have the MAC filtering turned on?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Pinebear
Enthusiast - Level 2

Instead of using the word "my", I should have said "our" REZOUND.  We are retired , have no need for multiple cell phones and my wife usually carries this one, though I use it now and then.  We use it primarily as an emergency device or when traveling.  It is not our primary means of communication.  Given that, I honestly don't know the last time it successfully connected to WiFi.  I checked and our router has MAC Authentication = Disabled 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get it figured out, Pinebear! Can any other device such as a computer, tablet or phone connect to the WiFi connection at all? Have you tried to reset the router?

Share additional details so that I can assist.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Pinebear
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I said in my original post, "All other devices in the house connect flawlessly and include phones,  tablets, laptops, TV, Kindles, etc., both ours and those brought in by  others."

And yes, based upon reading about similar, I reset the router.  Not sure what else I can provide, but ask and I'll attempt to get it.

0 Likes
Pinebear
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife attended a luncheon at a friend's home this afternoon.  Knowing that, I asked her to attempt to connect to WiFi while there, assuming they had such.  They did, and she had no trouble connecting.  When she returned home I deleted the entry for our WiFi and re-added it.

It now works fine??????????????  Live and learn.  Should have tried that from the get go.  Sorry to have taken up your time.

0 Likes