My Phone Just Rebooted!!!!
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

**bleep**?  My phone - which has been fully updated with the latest release - just rebooted on it's own!  Don't tell me we're going down this road again!

0 Likes
Re: My Phone Just Rebooted!!!!
Wildman
Legend

Every device has a possibility to reboot, have you check to see if a app that is installed could have cause the reboot?

0 Likes
Re: My Phone Just Rebooted!!!!
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thanks for the input . That's correct, checking your applications can assist with trouble-shooting a rebooting issue. I understand the frustration of using your phone and it starts to reboot. This is something we don't  want our customers to go through. Let's start by putting the phone into safe mode. Safe Mode temporarily disables all applications that have been installed via the Android Market. Performing this troubleshooting step can determine whether a 3rd party application is the cause of an Operating System / Application issue. 

Steps for enabling safe mode below:

1. With the device powered down, press and hold the power button.

2. When the second HTC Logo screen appears, press and hold the volume down key.

3. Release the volume down key when Safe mode is displayed at the lower-left.
    This may take up to 30 seconds.

4. While in Safe Mode, remove the most recently installed applications.

5. Power cycle the device then attempt to use the device.

6. If the device works properly, install applications one at a time to identify the application causing the problem.

Steps to Disable safe mode:

1. Press and hold the Power button.

2. Select Restart.

0 Likes