My Thunderbold mobile network doesn't work!!!
celager12

I am having issues with my mobile network on my thunderbolt.  Sometimes it won't even connect to my mobile network (4G LTE) to allow me access to the internet and when I am my wifi range is the only way I can get internet.  Sometimes it won't even connect to my mobile network!! Can someone please help  me!!! I don't know if I have an option pressed that I didn't know about or what, but it is very frustrating and I didn't pay 250 bucks for this phone to not have my 4G LTE mobile network not to work!.

Thanks

Casey

0 Likes
Re: My Thunderbold mobile network doesn't work!!!
budone
Legend

What if you set the device to 3G only, does it work???

MENU>SETTINGS>WIRELESS&NETWORKS>MOBILE NETWORKS>NETWORK MODE>CDMA ONLY

0 Likes
celager12

NO, IT DOESN'T WORK FOR CDMA (3G) EITHER.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

MENU>SETTINGS>WIRELESS NETWORK  Is the Mobile Network box checkmarked?  Is it greyed out?

I would try a battery pull if you have not done so.

0 Likes
phat6
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you can return the phone I would do it now. If you look back in this forum we all have this problem. I have to put my phone in airplane mode then turn it off almost everytime I want to use the internet, then most of the time when using the internet it will switch from 4g to 3g to 1x or nothing and youhave to do the airplane mode again. I guess after 5 months of doing this everyday I am just geting used to how this phone works. Can't wait until my 2 years are up so I can throw this phone in the trash.

0 Likes
bigdawgwalk

It’s a known authentication issue with all 4G LTE Phones. As phat6 says the airplane mode on/off is the trick to get the phone to reconnect.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/12/19/this-is-why-your-verizon-galaxy-nexus-or-other-4g-lte-vzw-ph...

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Try turning wifi off. I don't think that they will work at the same time.

0 Likes
bogart58

I have that problem sometimes also. I put an app from the market called LTE OnOFF - HTC Thunderbolt and it's free. The app is by Cunning Logic ans is for the thunderbolt only. It's basically a widget you can add to your Homescreen

and saves digging thru menus. You use it to turn off or on 3g & 4g or 4g only. I put My phone in 4g mode only and 90% of the time it will stay in 4g mode. I hope this helps.

A Newbie

0 Likes