My Unlocked HTC Rhyme has wrong language
htcrhyme78

I just bought an unlocked HTC Rhyme off of Ebay brand new in original packaging. When the chance to select the language came up, the only options were English( Singapore), English (Thailand), English (Indonesia), English (Vietnam), English (Malaysia), English (Philippiens), and English (Pakistan). The problem is I live in the United States and it is not an option. This also messes up the keyboard type and adds extra letters to some words like locale instead of local. Why is the happening/ can I change it? Do I need to factory reset it, or do I just have a non united states version that can not be changed?

0 Likes
Re: My Unlocked HTC Rhyme has wrong language
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That sounds like a GSM version of the phone. Does the phone have a SIM card slot along with a SD card slot?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: My Unlocked HTC Rhyme has wrong language
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon htcrhyme78!

I'm sorry you're unable to change your phone settings to English language. Let's figure this out! As Ann154 mentioned, it may not be a Verizon Wireless device. Possibly a non-branded phone. You can try a Hard Reset: http://vz.to/WucGLJ and when you set up phone again, you can go to Menu> Settings> Language & Keyboard> Select Language > the first option will be English, select that option. (It won't have other words or English options next to it if its a VZW device.)  Please let us know if this works.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes