My Verizon app
wshakeman
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will the My Verizon app be availabe? How can I get it? I haven't found it at Android Market.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Verizon app
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The application is currently not compatible with the Thunderbolt. As for not showing up in the Market, I suspect that it is using the "device compatibility check" that the Android Market now as available for applications. If the application isn't compatible, you can't see the application through the Market app on the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

It is not available......yet..... for the TB.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The application is currently not compatible with the Thunderbolt. As for not showing up in the Market, I suspect that it is using the "device compatibility check" that the Android Market now as available for applications. If the application isn't compatible, you can't see the application through the Market app on the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Was the update suppose to fix that though. I didn't know about the compatibility feature in the market but I noticed things disappear on it. Is this new to use or has been there but they never put it there untill recently.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The compatibility check only started in the last week or two.

Yes the update was supposed to fix ability to use the MyVerizon app. I tried the MyVerizon application after the last update. It failed.

0 Likes
Synycalwon
Contributor - Level 1

The My Verizon app is included in the upcoming MR2 OTA update. I installed the leaked update and can confirm it's included AND works!

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-thunderbolt-mr2-leaked-tweaked-ready-download

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/06/09/exclusive-htc-thunderbolt-mr2-update-1-66-605-2-links-to-sto...

The update DOES appear to have fixed the reboot issues too! No reboots since I flashed the leaked MR2 ROM approx. 3 days ago!!!:smileyvery-happy: Woohoo!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Ugh! More bloatware? I would rather install from the Market if and when I want to use it.

0 Likes
budone
Legend
I think it needs.to be on there for those who end up with tiered data plans.
0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

I thought that the compatibility check had been in place.  There have been several apps that I have looked for since December that will show up on one phone (and on the web) but not on another phone running a different version of Android.  Also, my tablet only downloaded the compatible apps when I initially signed on in March.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Maybe the compatibility check is being more enforced now. All I know is that there were a few articles about it this week on some of the android sites.

0 Likes