My custom ringtones randomly change with out warning.
luv18wheelers

I cant cant pinpoint when it happens but all my ringtones change without warning. This is frustrating due to the fact that all my important contacts have a very loud ring tone and when the phone changes them sometimes they end up with a very low one.  HELP!!!!! 

0 Likes
My custom ringtones randomly change with out warning.
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I see this issue pop up every once in a while on various phones but have never seen a solution presented.  I am curious though, which ringtones are you using, some that came with the phone, or some that you have downloaded?  If they are some you downloaded, how do you have them stored?

0 Likes
Re: My custom ringtones randomly change with out warning.
Tidbits
Legend

If it on the SDcard you may run into problems especially during restart mounting and unmounting. This is one of the MAIN reasons Google switched to MTP over UMS for the Nexus line of phones.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

That's kinda what I was thinking too.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

demmo86rt wrote:

That's kinda what I was thinking too.

It'll always randomly happen and it's not device dependent either. This even happens to apps you move over to your SD card as well.  Sometimes you'll end up with a blank icon(Android on a white background), or it missing altogether.  A restart usually fixes it, but it'll happen randomly.

0 Likes
Carm01

move your custom tones to the folder called sdcard this is the internal memory also referred to as emmc on the Incredible

sdcard2 is the physical card that you inserted, and is also known as ext_sd as well

Just move them, and this will resolve your problem as suggested, it did for me when i experienced this

0 Likes
luv18wheelers

thank you 

<Post edited for violating VZW's TOS>

Posting to the Verizon Community

Users of the Verizon Community agree not to upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content (including but not limited to text, links, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information) that includes any of the following inappropriate content:

• Spam, such as advertisements for other web sites and services, or other commercial solicitation; chain letters, or pyramid schemes;

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes