My issues since ICS update...
xeneize
Enthusiast - Level 2

I loose all my settings after powering off. All icons (except for the camera icon) just disappear. I add all my apps & widgets, power off/on and again everything is gone. Anyone having this problem? thanks in advance for your help!!!

0 Likes
Re: My issues since ICS update...
19Adam78

I'm having same issues lost all my music and is there anyway to uninstall or is it worth figuring out?

0 Likes
xeneize
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not having the music problem. I just checked software update> check new, and found an update with the following description:

- This test package verifies Device Software Update (DSU) download capability. Test passes if package downloads but, DOES NOT Update.-

Update downloaded but after trying to install new firmware the status is Update Failed. Tried 3 times with same results. Anyone familiar w/this update? Thanks again!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Can you grab a screenshot of the update information (or write it down)?  I'm interested to see what it says.  Thanks.

0 Likes
tdmike

i got the same problem, i've tried 3 time as well.  i keep getting the triangle with the red exclamation point. 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I saw something about this today... I think if it says update failed, then the test passed (file was downloaded, but not updated).  AFAIK, it is just verifying that your phone can receive the update, maybe in preparation for the update to global capabilities that is coming soon.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

That may mean you are low on internal storage.  Clear out some space and try again. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you all for your responses. I appreciate you taking the time to help out our fellow community members.

Xeneize, I can understand how frustrating this must be and I’m here to help!

Does this happen every time you power off your phone? Place your phone in safe mode http://bit.ly/vDpqOD and power off the phone. Turn the phone on and see if the icons are still there. If they are then the issue is being caused by a third party app. You will need to remove all third party apps and add them back one at a time to determine which one is causing the issue.

If this still happens while in safe mode then I would recommend a hard reset http://bit.ly/wLmjGs. Retest and keep me posted.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
xeneize
Enthusiast - Level 2

a hard reset took care of all the problems. Thank you all!! ...-X

0 Likes
tdmike

How do u hard reset?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone