My new HTC TB is not recognized by my VZAccess manager. What do I do?
Waterfowler

I tethered my TB to my laptop to connect to the internet and it isn't recognized my my VZAccess Manager. I have the data plan for this and I put the phone in "Internet Connection Mode" but it still is not recognized. Am I supposed to download a new VZAccess Manager for the Thunderbolt? The version I have now worked fine with my LG Voyager for 3 years.

Right now I am connecting to my laptop using my Mobile Hotspot but I don't know if this is part of my business data plan(the $60/mo option) or not. I live out in the middle of nowhere California and do not have access to broadband, so this is my only form of connecting to the internet.

0 Likes
Re: My new HTC TB is not recognized by my VZAccess manager. What do I do?
AZSALUKI
Legend

i'm not sure? however, i do know that the mobile hot spot feature is free until May 15th so i can at least let you know that what you are doing will not cost extra (for now). hopefully you'll have the issue resolved prior to May 15th.

0 Likes
Re: My new HTC TAB is not recognized by my VZAccess manager. What do I do?
Waterfowler

Well I found out why I couldn't connect to my VZAccess manager. It's because I was using the version for the 4G air card. According to the Verizon technician I spoke to, they haven't supported the TB with a VZAccess download yet, but they SHOULD have one up before the free wi-fi hotspot expires on 5/15.

The problem is, I am having trouble connecting with the hotspot, for instance it took me 60 seconds just to get to this page and I download stuff at 5-10kps a second while with my LG Voyager tethered I would download stuff at 20-80kps and 150+ when I was in LA or the Inland Empire. Even the phone browser keeps saying "Connection Failed" when surfing the web and the phone shows 2-3 bars. These are problems I never had with my Voyager and I know it's not my laptop since it connects fine with a hotspot from an AT&T phone, at Starbucks and the truck stop.

The technician I spoke with advised returning the phone until Verizon supports it with a VZAcces version for it. The thing is, will they waive the $35 restocking fee if I go back to my old phone and will I lose my upgrade for a future purchase? And if they do charge me the $35 restocking fee what will happen if I dispute the charge with my credit card company?

0 Likes