Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
My new HTC TB is not recognized by my VZAccess manager. What do I do?
Waterfowler

I tethered my TB to my laptop to connect to the internet and it isn't recognized my my VZAccess Manager. I have the data plan for this and I put the phone in "Internet Connection Mode" but it still is not recognized. Am I supposed to download a new VZAccess Manager for the Thunderbolt? The version I have now worked fine with my LG Voyager for 3 years.

Right now I am connecting to my laptop using my Mobile Hotspot but I don't know if this is part of my business data plan(the $60/mo option) or not. I live out in the middle of nowhere California and do not have access to broadband, so this is my only form of connecting to the internet.

0 Likes
Re: My new HTC TB is not recognized by my VZAccess manager. What do I do?
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

i'm not sure? however, i do know that the mobile hot spot feature is free until May 15th so i can at least let you know that what you are doing will not cost extra (for now). hopefully you'll have the issue resolved prior to May 15th.

0 Likes
Re: My new HTC TAB is not recognized by my VZAccess manager. What do I do?
Waterfowler

Well I found out why I couldn't connect to my VZAccess manager. It's because I was using the version for the 4G air card. According to the Verizon technician I spoke to, they haven't supported the TB with a VZAccess download yet, but they SHOULD have one up before the free wi-fi hotspot expires on 5/15.

The problem is, I am having trouble connecting with the hotspot, for instance it took me 60 seconds just to get to this page and I download stuff at 5-10kps a second while with my LG Voyager tethered I would download stuff at 20-80kps and 150+ when I was in LA or the Inland Empire. Even the phone browser keeps saying "Connection Failed" when surfing the web and the phone shows 2-3 bars. These are problems I never had with my Voyager and I know it's not my laptop since it connects fine with a hotspot from an AT&T phone, at Starbucks and the truck stop.

The technician I spoke with advised returning the phone until Verizon supports it with a VZAcces version for it. The thing is, will they waive the $35 restocking fee if I go back to my old phone and will I lose my upgrade for a future purchase? And if they do charge me the $35 restocking fee what will happen if I dispute the charge with my credit card company?

0 Likes