NFL app will not work
FSRBIKER

Why is the NFL now not working on Thunderbolts running asop roms such as CM7?

It gives an error "NFL content can only be viewed by active Verizon users"

Verizon certainly knows I am a active user as they bill me for my calls/texts/data.

To throw a wrench into this the NFL app works just fine with a Dinc or DX running CM7.

0 Likes
Re: NFL app will not work
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

FSRBIKER wrote:

Why is the NFL now not working on Thunderbolts running asop roms such as CM7?

It gives an error "NFL content can only be viewed by active Verizon users"

Verizon certainly knows I am a active user as they bill me for my calls/texts/data.

To throw a wrench into this the NFL app works just fine with a Dinc or DX running CM7.

thats not the stock rom

its possible something was removed that is required

you want nfl, go back to stock

you want cm7 to run it talk to the developers

0 Likes
FSRBIKER

Of course its not the stock rom, IT'S A MILLION TIMES BETTER, FASTER, MORE STABLE...ETC

If the app works on other Verizon phones running CM7 then it should work on the Tbolt as well, there was nothing added to the other phones to make it work. It was running on a CM7 Tbolt until this last update, so...

Simply Verizon is blocking access, we can't even get a working My Verizon app to work with even a stock Tbolt.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

FSRBIKER wrote:

Of course its not the stock rom, IT'S A MILLION TIMES BETTER, FASTER, MORE STABLE...ETC

If the app works on other Verizon phones running CM7 then it should work on the Tbolt as well, there was nothing added to the other phones to make it work. It was running on a CM7 Tbolt until this last update, so...

Simply Verizon is blocking access, we can't even get a working My Verizon app to work with even a stock Tbolt.

verizon has every right to block access, just as you have the right to flash it

they do not garuntee any of thier software on any non stock rom

please contact the rom developer

0 Likes
FSRBIKER

Sure they could, but why would they? They are excluding ONLY Tbolt owners running CM7 not ANY other Verizon phone running CM7. Unlike last year it looks like Verizon will be charging $10/month for the video access portion, while I disagree with this I will almost 100% pay the fee as I don't have time to watch many complete games anymore.

PS: you own a Fascinate, why are you in the Thunderbolt section defending Verizon?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

FSRBIKER wrote:

Sure they could, but why would they? They are excluding ONLY Tbolt owners running CM7 not ANY other Verizon phone running CM7. Unlike last year it looks like Verizon will be charging $10/month for the video access portion, while I disagree with this I will almost 100% pay the fee as I don't have time to watch many complete games anymore.

PS: you own a Fascinate, why are you in the Thunderbolt section defending Verizon?

Why are you on here complaining about something you can not get with a rooted phone??? Those discussions are against the TOS.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

FSRBIKER wrote:

im in all the sections providing information to users

the cm7 on the tbolt is a completety diff cm7 than on the Dinc

the rom of each phone is diff from the romof any other phone

its very possible that the cm7 devs removed something that the app needs to run

again i say go talk to the cm7 devs

0 Likes
FSRBIKER

Why aren't you answering my question?

Simply why is Verizon blocking access?

This has nothing to do with rooted phones as it works on all of them except asop rom's after the last app update.

As far as TOS then they can ban me, I bought my phone so I will use it the way I want. Remember the courts decided that Apple can not block people from services after jailbreaking their phones. I'm sure the courts would be looking strongly at this decision for a basis for a judgement against Verizon if they keep this up.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

FSRBIKER wrote:

This has nothing to do with rooted phones as it works on all of them except asop rom's after the last app update.

As far as TOS then they can ban me, I bought my phone so I will use it the way I want. Very true, but their network, sandbox, bucket and shovel, they can dictate what OF THEIRS you can access with a  rooted phone.

I suspect there are major differences between Dinc and TB Rom due to 4G radio. Remember the courts decided that Apple can not block people from services after jailbreaking their phones. I'm sure the courts would be looking strongly at this decision for a basis for a judgement against Verizon if they keep this up.Courts will not give a flip unless YOU want to put the money out to persue it.

And for all the grief I gave you, I will answer your question with, "Google is your Friend".

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

FSRBIKER wrote:

As far as TOS then they can ban me, I bought my phone so I will use it the way I want. Remember the courts decided that Apple can not block people from services after jailbreaking their phones. I'm sure the courts would be looking strongly at this decision for a basis for a judgement against Verizon if they keep this up.

yur reading what you want

i did answer

the devs took something out of the stock rom that causes the nfl app to not wrok

you didnt jailbreak, you repalced the rom.  it does not have all the same things that the stock rom does

you can put a stock on there and root and the nfl will most likely work

oh please sue, everyone threatens no one does.

0 Likes