Navigation Dock - Keeping GPS on
jmyers06
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello - I picked up the Navigation Dock for the Rezound from my local Verizon Store. 7 times out of 10 when I remove the phone form the dock the GPS icon stays active. I have all three GPS options checked for on and I am not referring to the normal "cross-hair" icon that location services is enabled, but the actual satellite dish with the green animation when Google maps or similar apps are active. If I restart the phone the icon is gone until activated by the dock or an app that uses it.

I can go through the active apps and stop those related to GPS and the icon stays active. If I turn off stand alone GPS the icon goes away, but comes back as soon as I re-enable it. Again a restart of the phone clears the icon and it does not always stay active after use. My guess is that the Navigation Dock does not always release the GPS and I don't know if the GPS is really active or if the icon is just not removed.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

0 Likes
Navigation Dock - Keeping GPS on
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Probably the best way to tell would be to leave it as is for a while and 1, see if the icon ever goes away and 2, see if your battery life is affected by it.  If GPS is indeed locked on, your battery will die considerably faster than normal.

0 Likes
Re: Navigation Dock - Keeping GPS on
jmyers06
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had a good run where this did not happen, but today the GPS locked on and it did drain my battery very quickly.

0 Likes