New Phone Camera don't work
marks1018

Just got my thunderbolt yesterday. The camera wont come on. I hit the camera button and the screen goes black for a second and then goes right back to the screen I was on.

0 Likes
Re: New Phone Camera don't work
marks1018

and while I'm here......everytime it restarts it force closes the Talk app.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Go to Settings-Applications-Manage Applications and hit the All tab. Scroll down to and select Camera then choose Clear Data

0 Likes
marks1018

No luck. When I went to the camera there were no options selectable. It almost seems like the software wasn't downloaded on here. On the storage info all the numbers (Total, Application, Data, and Cache) all say 0.00B

0 Likes
marks1018

This is the craziest fix I've ever heard of. I was searching through the forum and found a solution by Wildman on a different thread. I tried the Date change thing and it helped. What I want to know is an explaination of how in the heck did that fix the camera????

http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/Camera-amp-Camcorder-won-t-open/m-p/663033#M8106

0 Likes
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
I thought this was only a problem on one of the leaked ruu updates.
0 Likes
marks1018

This also fixed the the Talk app problem

0 Likes
marks1018

I had this marked as solved but i unsolved it because it only fixes the problem till the phone is restarted. Then you have to do it again. I don't consider that a fix, just a temporary mend.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Marks1018, thanks for sharing what you have done to try resolving this issue. Since this issue started only one day after getting the phone, it should be easier to pinpoint if any 3rd party apps may be causing this. Have you installed any task killers, antivirus applications or camera applications? If so, uninstall those. If the issue persists, I suggest a factory reset to reset the phone to the default. The last step, since you are still within your 14 day worry free guarantee, is to exchange the device for a new one. 

0 Likes