New update leaks for the Tbolt to fix rebooting issue among other things!! OTA on June 15
Tboltaz
Contributor - Level 1

Follow intructions carefully. I disclaim all liability for any harm that may befall your device. I'm simply posting a link to the information.

It also says that the OTA for this update should be available June 15th ! Personally I'm going to wait for the OTA so I don't have to wipe my device !

THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/06/09/exclusive-htc-thunderbolt-mr2-update-1-66-605-2-links-to-sto...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New update leaks for the Tbolt to fix rebooting issue among other things!! OTA on June 15
Not applicable

Good Morning, Tboltaz!

I, too, am looking forward to the update; however any outside website with an MR release is speculation and should be treated as such. I have not seen any update about a specific date or delay for the OTA update beyond what we have already communicated.  If you are on twitter our @verizonwireless typically will release information about any OTA update. We will do our best to get that information posted here too, as soon as we have it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: New update leaks for the Tbolt to fix rebooting issue among other things!! OTA on June 15
Tboltaz
Contributor - Level 1

Also this is available for rooted and unrooted users !

The major improvements brought about by MR2:

• Fixes random reboots
  • Improves GPS locking
  • Improves signal strength
  • Add 3G/LTE toggle in settings
  • And more…
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i REALLY hope it fixes the sound when recording video!!!

0 Likes
Tboltaz
Contributor - Level 1

2 more days and no more random rebooting !! Better gps locking, 3g/4g toggle built in ! I can't wait, I've been checking for system updates a couple times a day juuuust incase. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i don't want to be a debbie downer, but i'll believe it when i see it....lol. i will also wait for others to download and install it before i do.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

AZSALUKI wrote:

i don't want to be a debbie downer, but i'll believe it when i see it....lol. i will also wait for others to download and install it before i do.

ha probably a wise idea.  One of the developers ended up with a brick while running it.  Verizon definitely won't live it down if they push an OTA that bricks phones.  Seems to be very isolated at the moment like those who were running the alpha GB radio so we'll see.  

0 Likes
Karuk

Be careful what you post about the update unless you plan to qualify the statrement with details. The dev who bricked roots and roms his phone 50-100 times more than any of us ever will. 

I have seen the non-rooted update in action. 

-GPS lock is crazy fast

-3g/4g toggle in settings wirks perfectly

-Video sound has no issues

-Verizon bloatware....YEP.

This update will be awesome for most people. If you like to root and rom your phones it will make no difference to you.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Karuk wrote:

Be careful what you post about the update unless you plan to qualify the statrement with details. The dev who bricked roots and roms his phone 50-100 times more than any of us ever will. 

True.  I'm running his Gingerbread rom so I'm well aware of who he is but was just putting it out there.  Point is that no one really knows what is causing it.  My guess is still that HTC shipped faulty hardware and the majority of this forum would probably be wise to at least wait until verizon starts pushing it before manually flashing it since most people here aren't going to have any clue how to get back if it doesn't end up official.  

0 Likes
Tboltaz
Contributor - Level 1

PJNC284 wrote:

AZSALUKI wrote:

ha probably a wise idea.  One of the developers ended up with a brick while running it.  Verizon definitely won't live it down if they push an OTA that bricks phones.  Seems to be very isolated at the moment like those who were running the alpha GB radio so we'll see.  

The bricking that your talking about had to do with running the GB leak, doesnt have anything to do with the MR2 update i brought up with this thread. This OTA update is not going to brick your phone, i have heard alot of great things from users who already have it. Although there are always rumors of timeframes for the updates, phones, etc. I do believe this one will be available on the 15th, since this is the day the free hotspot is supposedly ending. I believe it takes an upate to make the hotspot no longer free, although i could be wrong.

0 Likes
Tboltaz
Contributor - Level 1

Karuk wrote:

I have seen the non-rooted update in action. 

-GPS lock is crazy fast

-3g/4g toggle in settings wirks perfectly

-Video sound has no issues

-Verizon bloatware....YEP.

This update will be awesome for most people. If you like to root and rom your phones it will make no difference to you.

Couldn't agree more

0 Likes