No 3G/4G Connection
ekrentz

I have no 3G/4G connection but I can still send and receive text messages, anyone else experiencing this?

0 Likes
Re: No 3G/4G Connection
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your data connection turned on? Is the location where you are supposed to have 3G or 4G?

What is the network that your phone is connecting to? Settings > about phone > signal

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ekrentz

My data connection is turned on and I am supposed to have both 3G and 4G where I am located(I keep 4G most of the time but when I couldn't connect to 3G I turned it on).  I also tried resetting my phone, pulling the battery and what not.  I went to the Verizon store today and they gave me absolutely no help, so I am here.

0 Likes
Paulisio

Same here. I have no 3G/4G connection either. When I try to "Update software" (i.e. running system software update), the 4GLTE sign appears showing some activity, but then eventually dissapears. No internet connection afterwards and during the sign availability. People on some other forum saying it's b/c of some recent android updates. But my last update was on 01/15/2012 while the issue appeared somewhat a few days ago.

Any clue somebody?

0 Likes
Paulisio

The data connection is turned on. The location is fully covered with 4G LTE, it was OK several days ago. But suddenly stopped working.

Settings -> about the phone -> network:

Operator name: Verizon Wireless

Signal strength: -78dBm

Mobile network type: LTE

Service state: In service

Roaming: not roaming

0 Likes
Paulisio

So I tried adjusting modem setting via dial to "##778". Changed "Rev.A" to "enabled". But this didn't help.

Then I installed "LTE On/Off" for Thunderbolt (application from android market) and turned off LTE. Now at I have at least 3G data connection.

0 Likes
ChristinaM
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this same issue on my RAZR. I can still send/receive text messages and notifications from my apps, but I have no 3G/4G connectivity.

0 Likes
mstydwn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi All,

I am having the same issue and found some relief by changing my perferred method from  CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto to LTE Mode.  I tend to have the 4G long enough to open say FaceBook and then connection failed.  I use my data plan for my work emails too, it took over 2 hours to get an email to send, by then my response was no longer needed.   I've done the factory reset originally and that didn't help at all. If anything it frustrated me because I had to reinstall my apps, and I just don't have time.  A co-worker who also has the T-Bolt is having the same issues.  Both our contracts are up in December, I'm starting to look for a new provider. Sad because I've been a Verizon customer for 5 years now and never had problems until now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mstydwn,

I want your RAZR 4G service to work right. Do you have the Ice Cream Sanwich software on your phone? If so please go to http://bit.ly/MGkCYu and download the app from Motorola to get better connectivity. Keep us posted with how it improves connection.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jbt816
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just answered this on another thread. https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/887882#887882

By chance, have you swapped back covers or changed cases?

0 Likes