No ActiveSync on 3G or 4G since Gingerbread update
AndyRoid

Hi All,

I have an HTC Thunderbolt. The update on October 31, 2011 was pushed to the phone with the new Gingerbread upgrade. Since this update, ActiveSync for Exchange has stopped working. However, if I connect via WiFi it works fine but it will not work when I'm connected through 3G or 4G. This has to be a Verizon issue, no?

Other Verizon users at work are experiencing the same thing when their Droids got updated.

Anyone know of any fixes that might be out yet? I should have stayed with Android 2.2 and not allowed the update to occur!

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: No ActiveSync on 3G or 4G since Gingerbread update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you tried removing the account and adding it back again?

Also you may want to check with your company's IT department about re-applying the certificates on the server side.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AndyRoid

Hello,

Yes, I deleted and tried to re-add the account but no luck. It just tries to connect forever then fails with no specific error. Our IT group was working with Verizon, but no luck yet. I tried downloading and installing the 30 day trial of Touchdown for Exchange, but ActiveSync didn't work with it either. At home I use my wifi connection and I can get ActiveSync to work with no problem but as soon as I get on the 3G or 4G mobile network the sync fails.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Not applicable

AndyRoid, thank you for sharing your issue with your Thunderbolt. It sounds like you have done quite a bit of troubleshooting already. We have seen some reports of this issue happening since Gingerbread was released. This has been escalated to our product team and they are currently investigating the issue for a resolution. I did report the troubleshooting steps you have tried to our product team. 

0 Likes
AndyRoid

Looks like the ActiveSync issue has been fixed in the latest Thunderbolt firmware update (Build Number: 2.11.605.9) which was pushed down to my phone today (12/21/2011).  http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/thunderbolt.html

Thanks!

0 Likes