Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
No Data Connection
desaber

This morning my TB was functioning correctly at some point between 8-9am this morning I lost my connection to mobile data. I have tried everything. Soft reset, hard reset, confirming mobile network settings. Checking signal strength and current enabled radio's via LTE on/off. I can access WIFI without any issues but my mobile connection is down and down hard. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

-J

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: No Data Connection
desaber

Ok, So I got a little Creative here. I was re-checking the mobile network settings and discovered the the APN name in the default internet was set to 1. This is incorrect and should be vzwinternet. I tried resetting to default several times but it would always reset to an APN name of 1 even after reboot. So I created a new APN with these settings: 

NOTE: settings not listed are default <not set>

APN Name:

vzwinternet

MMSC:

http://mms.vtext.com/serv;ets/mms

MMS Protocol:

WAP 2.0

MCC:

MNC:

APN type:

default,mms

I then saved this new APN and set it as my active APN. I then went into LTE on/off and set the radio to CDMA(prl), this sets the phone to 3g only. I then rebooted the phone. once it came back up i had data services again i made sure using lte on/off's ping test and surfing that i could get around. I then went back into APNs and reset to default (this deletes your new APN and resets your default internet APN name to vzwinternet. now go back to lte on/off and set yourself back on CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto. AND PRESTO. you now have working data again. 

I hope this helps others!

-J

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Karuk

My data connection dropped this morning and would not return until I removed my sim card and cleaned it. Data is back now.

0 Likes
eyelovemychevy

I had it happen where it was very intermittent on when I would get data connection.  It came down to the point where I was using my wifi at home because it was so bad.  I ended up getting a new phone and it works perfectly.  They did spend 2 hours trying to troubleshoot the phone and doing a couple hard resets.  

0 Likes
desaber

I tried your suggestion same results. I'm seeing all over the web postings on this issue.. Is verizon doing anything about this?

0 Likes
desaber

Ok, So I got a little Creative here. I was re-checking the mobile network settings and discovered the the APN name in the default internet was set to 1. This is incorrect and should be vzwinternet. I tried resetting to default several times but it would always reset to an APN name of 1 even after reboot. So I created a new APN with these settings: 

NOTE: settings not listed are default <not set>

APN Name:

vzwinternet

MMSC:

http://mms.vtext.com/serv;ets/mms

MMS Protocol:

WAP 2.0

MCC:

MNC:

APN type:

default,mms

I then saved this new APN and set it as my active APN. I then went into LTE on/off and set the radio to CDMA(prl), this sets the phone to 3g only. I then rebooted the phone. once it came back up i had data services again i made sure using lte on/off's ping test and surfing that i could get around. I then went back into APNs and reset to default (this deletes your new APN and resets your default internet APN name to vzwinternet. now go back to lte on/off and set yourself back on CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto. AND PRESTO. you now have working data again. 

I hope this helps others!

-J

0 Likes
desaber

Sorry missed a fat finger. it should be

MMSC:

http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

0 Likes
gina7289
Novice
Thank u for that... Next time I will check that.
0 Likes