No More Reboot?
rickhansen
Up until a couple of weeks ago, I was ready to put my Tbolt on EBay and pick up another DroidX. Constant reboots in the middle of calls, while texting and cruzin' the web was driving me absolutely NUTS! I was first in line when the phone came out and paid premium dollar for the latest and greatest - and was pretty mad when my daughters feature phone turned out to be more dependable. Then, sometime in the middle of June, my area got 4g (Sacramento, Ca). Curiously, since then I have not had ONE reboot and the phone works beautifully. Now, if only the battery would last a bit longer...
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No More Reboot?
AZSALUKI
Legend

WorstTelephone wrote:

How does one "disable 4G" when in an area without 4G? 

download an app called "LTE OnOff" and you can manually force it to 3g only or 4g only or various combinations of signals.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Glad to hear it is working out for you better not but I take it that you must didnt disable the 4G radio when you didnt have it in your area?  As long as you disabled 4G when there wasnt any signal I have heard that users reported less issues.

0 Likes
WorstTelephone

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

WorstTelephone wrote:

download an app called "LTE OnOff" and you can manually force it to 3g only or 4g only or various combinations of signals.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
For the Thunderbolt, most use this app.

http://market.android.com/details?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
this stuff's magic.
0 Likes