No Speakerphone on Flip
mdenunz24
Enthusiast - Level 3

I made sure to enable speakerphone when the device is flipped over, but for some reason I can't get the speakerphone to work unless I tap the speaker icon. Is there some trick I'm not getting the hang of?

0 Likes
Re: No Speakerphone on Flip
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am going to hate my blinking message light at work tomorrow, but all for a good cause. :smileywink:

After trying different positions, I got it.

Try flipping the phone over using the top edge of the phone as the pivot point. In other words lift the phone from the bottom and rotating the phone so that when the screen lands face down the bottom edge of the phone is at the top.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: No Speakerphone on Flip
Dnakaman
Contributor - Level 1

I've noticed the same thing when I first used this feature as well.  From what I can tell, it looks like this feature uses both the proximity and ambient light sensors (the sensor that shuts the screen off when you hold the phone up to your face) to determine when you "flip" the phone over.

In other words, I believe they figure if you are going to flip the phone over to use the speaker, you are flipping the phone over on top of a table.

Easy way to test:

Call a number, say your voice mail.  Once you've dialed, hold the phone in the air and turn it over. 

The speaker phone will not come on. 

However, if you hold it up in the air, face down and put your hand on the bottom side near the earpiece, the speaker phone will come on.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes