No data connection
budone
Legend

In an area where 4G service is not expected for awhile. But the last few weeks, pretty much anywhere I am the data connection would drop, but come back. Well, it dropped last night and has not returned.

Tried all the usual types of fixes without any luck. :smileysad:I fear that radio has bit the dust.

Will let ya know what happens today.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No data connection
budone
Legend

MikeS_VZW came through! After an hour of, "Try this, try that", he said a master reset is in my future. Then he sent one more message with one more suggestion and it has cured my no data issue.

I am back in business and a huge thanks to Mike!  You are awesome!!!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Chuck21

I am also having data connection issues.  Ever since the latest OTA update, I lose data connection all the time and nothing I seem to do fixes the problem.  It just comes back on its own.  Someone please help.

0 Likes
pmkoul
Contributor - Level 1

im unable to connect to the mobile network right now

0 Likes
budone
Legend

MikeS_VZW came through! After an hour of, "Try this, try that", he said a master reset is in my future. Then he sent one more message with one more suggestion and it has cured my no data issue.

0 Likes
BustaCap
Enthusiast - Level 2

budone wrote:

What was the solution (I don't see it above)?  Not trying to be mean or anything, but whatever solved the issue could help others that find themselves in a similar situation.

Not applicable

I gave the following steps to budone after ensuring all the settings were good in the switch:

1. Open Dial Pad - Dial: ##778 Send

2. Select: EPST Edit mode, Password: 000000

3. Select: Modem Settings

4. Select and modify Rev. A to ENABLED

5. Touch "Menu" and select "Commit Modifications"

6. The device will reset in 10 seconds.

Data Connection SHOULD return

While this likely would have been solved by a master reset, it's nice to avoid the tedious process whenever you can.  I hope this helps someone else out too.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Cool beans, budone! Glad you are up and running.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

BustaCap wrote:

budone wrote:

What was the solution (I don't see it above)?  Not trying to be mean or anything, but whatever solved the issue could help others that find themselves in a similar situation.

Sorry Busta, Once I was finished with making chili I was going to post what MikeS offered. See he already took care of it!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

MikeS_VZW wrote:

I gave the following steps to budone after ensuring all the settings were good in the switch:

2. Select: EPST Edit mode, Password: 000000

3. Select: Modem Settings

4. Select and modify Rev. A to ENABLED

5. Touch "Menu" and select "Commit Modifications"

6. The device will reset in 10 seconds.

Data Connection SHOULD return

While this likely would have been solved by a master reset, it's nice to avoid the tedious process whenever you can.  I hope this helps someone else out too.

FYI, if you use the app, Call Confirm, you will have to disable the program before doing the above steps.

0 Likes
Tigger33
Enthusiast - Level 1

VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!  I have tried this fix

for no data connection and when I hit send I get an auto reply that my call can't be completed as dialed.  I am paying large dollars and my data plan is not worth {word filter avoidance} I can't connect to anything any more I can't get my email to download I can make calls and get text messages but that is is what good is a SMART phone that isn't SMART!!!!!  I have had my phone since July and I am about ready to march back to the Verizon store and demand my money back and a new phone.  Not Android.  The phone I have is a LG Revolution just in case anyone is considering one.

Tigger33