No edit capability in Contacts
chuckwilmot
Contributor - Level 1

Hey all,  I dropped my phone and had to get a new one.  I goofed up the contacts in the old phone in trying to back them up, so I lost them all.  I synched my Yahoo mail contacts to my phone so I have them all back, but when I try to edit any one of them, there's no edit menu choice.  Any ideas here?

Thanks, Chuck

0 Likes
Re: No edit capability in Contacts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because they are Yahoo contacts?  You might have to edit those through Yahoo on a computer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
chuckwilmot
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks, I thought of that and you're probably right.  So how do I change them into contacts I can edit on the phone?  Any way to do that, short of having to retype each one into the phone?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

chuckwilmot wrote:

Thanks, I thought of that and you're probably right.  So how do I change them into contacts I can edit on the phone?  Any way to do that, short of having to retype each one into the phone?

You can export them out of your Yahoo account and import them into the Gmail account that you use on the phone. You should do this with a computer and signed into Gmail from there. Once you have them imported into to Gmail, you would disable the sync for and remove the Yahoo generated contacts from the phone. Then double check that the sync is turned on for your Gmail contacts list. Once the Gmail contacts are on the phone, you can edit them from the phone if you want. You can also edit them from a computer and the Gmail website if you have a lot of them to edit.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
chuckwilmot
Contributor - Level 1

Sounds like that should work.  Now I'm working on figuring out how to do that.

0 Likes
chuckwilmot
Contributor - Level 1

That was it.  Thanks Ann.  Interestingly, once I got the Gmail contacts into my phone and then edited them by putting photos to each contact, the photos showed up in Gmail as well.