No gingerbread for me?
jamesmor

have had my thunderbolt since late nov, android version: 2.2.1

0 Likes
Re: No gingerbread for me?
AZSALUKI
Legend

menu-->settings-->software update

does it indicate that you have an update that you need to download?

0 Likes
jamesmor

actually, when I go there and hit "status" nothing is filled out except source "Verizon Wireless" and the "check new" button is greyed out.

0 Likes
gb1

I had the same problem.  I was assured at the beginning of December that I would receive it by Christmas.  I called on 12/26 and they entered a ticket with their Engineering department to address the issue (it was explained to me that my phone was probably omitted from a list of those that were to receive the upgrade.  I was supposed to hear back in 5 days with a resolution.  I heard nothing and phone was still stuck on original version.

Last Sunday, I went into a local Verizon store and explained the situation and that I had waited long enough without resolution.  An order was put in to swap out my phone.  I received a "like-new, certified" phone this week that had Gingerbread on it.  Problem is now resolved, except the new one is still on 2.11.605.5 and doesn't want to upgrade to the latest version. 

0 Likes
jamesmor

thanks gb1, hopefully I can get it resolved without having to make the hour drive to the verizon store.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

jamesmor, I understand your concern with not receiving the update to your device. The update provides a large amount of benefits for your phone and we would like all customers to have the update. If you’re continuing to have issues with downloading it, please send me a direct message with your name and phone number. I will forward your issues to the appropriate team to have your line researched so that you may receive your software update.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jamesmor

silly question, how do I send a direct message to you?

0 Likes
fed91

I just bought my Thunderbolt a couple of days ago.  When I called Verizon this morning, I was directed to call HTC, as Verizon doesn't control software updates.  When I called HTC technical support (866 963-0953), they told me they had had issues with the software upgrade, and where no longer doing automatic upgrades.  If I wanted Gingerbread I was going to have to call their warranty department (800 229-1235), as that department is now handling all Gingerbread upgrades.  I find this a little disconcerting, but I'm going to try to call them tomorrow, as the warranty department is not open on the weekends.

I also found the fact that Verizon doesn't know this to be a bit disconcerting, as well, but I don't know when HTC changed their policy.

0 Likes
gb1

Hmmm...had a similar experience. HTC told me that I could send in the

phone to them, they would upgrade it and send it back to me...over a period

of 2 weeks.

I ended up printing out some postings showing when the upgrade was made

available and took my phone to a Verizon store. After showing them the

version that I was on, having them review the troubleshooting that their

techs had done with me over the phone and them personally seeing that my

phone would not update, they agreed to replace it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello Jamesmor,

I am now following you, so you should be able to send me a direct message by hovering over my avatar and clicking direct message. Let me know if you are still having issues with the update. We will troubleshoot and get you up and running!

Katie H

Verizon Wireless Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes