No long receiving text messages
mommyd329

Well as the subject says, I am no longer receiving text messages on my Thunderbolt. I was receiving them fine until about 4:30 yesterday afternoon, but ever since then my messages are arriving at their intended destination, but I'm not getting anything in return. 

I have tried:

- The *228 reconnect

- Rebooting

- Removing my SIM card and replacing it

- Factory reset

- Clearing cache/data

- Deleting ALL text messages

I do not use a messaging app, and the incoming text messages are appearing on my billing statement...but they are never reaching my phone. It's been over 24 hours and no texts are reaching me from ANY source, please if anybody can help or direct me to somebody/somewhere that can help I'd appreciate it.

0 Likes
Re: No long receiving text messages
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

From what I've read on these forums, the *228 method ruins the Thunderbolt and shouldn't be done. I'm not sure how to remedy it, I hope someone else chimes in. Just wanted to point that out.

0 Likes
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

That is strange! Call Tech Support at 1-800-922-0204 option 3 and they will be able to assist you, It may be something with the network and they need to create a touble ticket to get it fixed. I hope everything can get fixed for you, texting is my life so I feel for you!

0 Likes
tquint14

same thing happened to me. went over to store and rep there fixed issue by doing a master reset.. just make sure u backup all your info before doing a reset. haven't had any problems since then. has been over 2months now

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

It sounds like you did everything I would have had you do as far as troubleshooting the text messaging.

At this point, if you are still having problems we need to look into some additional steps to get this up & running for you.

0 Likes