Normal App Icons Revert to Green Androids When Organized Into Folders and Phone is Restarted!
BeeHaven

I took the time to separate all of my apps in easy to use folders organized by their types on one of my desktop screens. It was very nice until I RESTARTED MY PHONE! After the restart, 75% of the apps' icons changed from their native icons to the green android icon. I have deleted them and replaced them with the correct icon by dragging and dropping into the folders several times, but once you restart the phone, they are gone again and go back to the green android icon! HELP!!! I am not moving any applications from micro sd or anything, just restarting.

0 Likes
Re: Normal App Icons Revert to Green Androids When Organized Into Folders and Phone is Restarted!
AZSALUKI
Legend

that's how it does it. for some reason it loses the native icon upon restart. you could use an app called "Apps Oganizer" from the market. i use it and it keeps the actual icons when you opeb it up. it has limitations (5 types of folders that are prenamed that you can organize apps in), but i like it. maybe an update will fix the issue with htc's method of using folders, at some point down the road??

0 Likes
Re: Normal App Icons Revert to Green Androids When Organized Into Folders and Phone is Restarted!
Tidbits
Legend

This happens when you have the applications saved to your SD card, and you restart your device.  This happens to ALL android devices with Apps2SD.  The OS looks for the icons when loading and doesn't find them as your SDcard hasn't finished mounting.  I believe it to be a routing problem as when whether or not it's on or off the device the launcher sees it fine.  I believe the OS looks on the SDcard for the icon instead of where the launcher looks for it.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Folder Orginizer works well for me, it indexes the icon information to allow the device to restart and wont affect icons for apps....

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.abcOrganizer&feature=search_result

0 Likes