Not letting me see texts or threads
Charmanda

So my HTC Rhyme is not letting me see any of my text messages or threads. I've gotten 6 new messages in the past 15 minutes and each time I try to view them individually or by the thread they are in, the screen stays loading for a really long time. I haven't been able to reply to any of my messages since I can't see them, but I can compose new ones for some reason. I've tried force closing the messages app and I restarted my phone twice, but nothing. Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Not letting me see texts or threads
Charmanda

Okay now it let me see two of my threads for a few seconds, then went back to loading.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try this. Install this application and run it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore

Backup your messages to the SD card. When that is done. Go to settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > dialer storage or messages. Clear the data on them. This will erase all your saved text messages. Open the text message application and verify the messages were deleted. Send a test message or two. If everything works, open the SMS backup application and restore your messages.

This application doesn't back up MMS picture messages. If you need that, try My Backup Pro or another Text message backup program that handles picture messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
klair

I am having this same issue of the phone not letting me see my message threads....

I have tried the backup and clearing the data, but it didn't work. Nothing even cleared from the phone....

Are there any other suggestions??????

0 Likes
philp04

I'm having the exact same problem, and nothing is helping! It worked a couple times after I turned it off and back on again, but then after I open maybe one thread, it'll stop working again

0 Likes
Melinda_B

I am having the same issue and it is very annoying since they haven't come up with a fix for this as of yet! I contacted CS this past Monday in regards to this, they had me restart my phone quite a few times, after 30+ minutes of doing that and "force stopping" the message app, it worked, but waddya know? It happened again. I was considering getting a new phone thinking it was my phone that has the problem until I saw these complaints as well. I am not happy about this at all

0 Likes
run2ski

same thing happening to our rhyme too! since still under warranty its going back to the store! NOT HAPPY!

0 Likes
run2ski

...thats a nice suggestion but i shouldnt need a third party app to restore functionality!

0 Likes