Notifications Since ICS
tcrosscup

I am not getting all of the notifications that I used to prior to ICS.  I can not locate anything that might fix this.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Notifications Since ICS
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to check what ringtone is assigned to the applications you are missing the notifications from. I saw mine was defaulting to "Quietly Brilliant" which isn't even a notification tone.

Out of all the bugs that could have surfaced from the ICS update, this is my biggest one and easily fixed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Deeski880

I have the same issue - it's not just the ringtone - like game notifications or facebook messages notification no longer show.  I assume it is a bug someone surely must be working on from the update.  I just got the email notifications back by deleting and readding my emails, but I hope that doesn't mean I am going to have to reinstall all the other apps.

0 Likes
Hadly13

My new Notification sound (for everything) is "Facebook Pop".....I can't change it, and I'm not amused.

0 Likes
Hadly13

Restored the Notification Sounds.  Had to open up the Text Message, Menu, Settings, Notifications, Notification Sounds and it allowed me to change it f what it was defaulting to.  Then I was able to change the phones default sounds for all other Notifications (Default, calendar, email, task)

0 Likes
waveride
Enthusiast - Level 2

All my ringtones and notification sounds are messed up.  I can't find a silent option for individual notifications.  At work and church I have had loud random notification sounds go off even after I had tried to turn off all notifications.  I need some notifications but not for everything.  Can someone help with very specific instructions on how to turn of individual notifications or make them silent?

0 Likes
tcrosscup

It is not the sound setting that I was having an issue with but the visual  notifications I am no longer getting for some of my apps (like Words with Friends) - I checked at the app level and notifications are turned on

0 Likes
tcrosscup

Have you tried going into each application itself - most have a notifications setting option where you can select your preferences

0 Likes