On going problem.
hawks05

Ever since the first update i have had a few problems.  First one was the inability to stay in data, which just recently became no data ever. I have the constant reboot problem as well, and i also have the problem where the phone freezes up constantly when trying to send txt or viewing pics in the msg app.   

Something else that just started is the problem i have seen most having now with the updating.  If i check for  new up date it now longer says no update available of error, the box just disappears.  I have not been able to get the new update because of this.   The phone was awesome till the first update now it just plain sucks.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: On going problem.
AZSALUKI
Legend

supposedly they are pushing this out in batches and MANY of us have not recieved the update. if you really want (and i would if my phone was as messed up as what you describe), you can find the official update leaked on the internet. you will have to do a factory reset to manually install it.....but if you want the update now, you can get it. look a bit further down in this forum. someone posted a link to the leaked update friday. 

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

Another thread going about the problem with the software update function where you get the checking for update window, then it just goes away and leaves a blank screen. No answers yet, just guesses and questions, but I've come to believe that it has something to do with the update process. A lot of us started having the same problem at the same time, so the idea that all of our phones malfunctioned at once would be highly unlikely. I think that in a few days, an Android icon is going to appear in my status bar to let me know the update has been pushed to my phone and hopefully I will be able to download it. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.

The leaked update that AZSALUKI referred to will download the leaked update to your phone, but it will do a factory reset and wipe all of your data. If wiping your data isn't a big deal to you and I was having your problems, I'd be very tempted to do it.

On the other hand, since you've waited this long, if you can wait a few more days, you may get the update pushed to you that won't wipe your data.

Just my opinion and I've been wrong before.

0 Likes
ThunderboltWolf
The new update will come July 12th which is tomorrow. It recently got pulled because of a error.
0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

Don't take this wrong Wolf because I'm not saying I don't believe you, but at this point I'm pretty skeptical of everything I hear and I'll believe it when it's installed on my phone.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

hawks05

I am curious to know whether or not you received the update yet.

Thundebolt Update

Once you receive the update, it should resolve the concerns you are having.

0 Likes
okabel

where can we find out what all the update is changing?

0 Likes
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
okabel

I can't seem to find this 'desktop cradle app, ' that allows you to view in landscape?

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
Since receiving the latest update I've experienced my phone dropping to 3G (I'm in full 4 G coverage not anywhere near fringe). When it drops back the 3G icon is a lot larger than the 4G one and my roadrunner pop3 account stops receiving mail. ( I know this because mg wife's iPhone is getting mail I usually got 5-10 min before hers). So as far as my experience I give it a thumbs down. It does seem Verizon gets their bloatware on ok, haven't heard complaints about it not functioning, and if it was it is probably getting top priority.
0 Likes