Phone is Hot to touch
mhett11

I have had my HTC Thunderbolt since it came out in March. I picked it up tonight and even through the hard cover it is hot to the touch on the back side and it has not been in use. (it was trying to load a video which I cancelled). Has anyone else had this issue, and if so do you know what the problem is?? Thanks :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone is Hot to touch
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

If the device is getting hot. Please contact us at 800-922-0204 option 3 for technical support to troubleshoot. If a device gets warm from use  for example watching a video or longer internet use that's normal. The issue that was described states hot. Which may need to be investigated by our tech support team. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Thunderbolt7

Mine gets very hot too.

0 Likes
T_Yamamoto

This actually happens to my Droid as well (Original Motorola Droid). This happens only when I use alot of 3G connection and/or use it for a long time. Im guessing its because of the CPU being so much, and that the cover amplitfies the heat (traps it in). Try taking off the protective case you have for it. And try switching to WiFi. It might help.

-Takumi

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

If the device is getting hot. Please contact us at 800-922-0204 option 3 for technical support to troubleshoot. If a device gets warm from use  for example watching a video or longer internet use that's normal. The issue that was described states hot. Which may need to be investigated by our tech support team. 

0 Likes