Phone over heating. Battery not holding charge.
MMSZMZM

This is the second time I have had this issue with this phone. It has began to get hot when I charge it, and as quickly as the charge is completed it is drained. The battery life is lasting literally 5-10 minutes.  I am on my second of this phone in not even a year. I am becoming real frustrated with this phone. I am not due for an upgrade until January and I know if I take it in I will more than likely have to replace it and pay for it. Which I am not willing to do.  Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Phone over heating. Battery not holding charge.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MMSZMZM,

Oh No! I'm sorry to learn that you are having issues with the battery on your wireless device. We strive to make sure we provide all of our customers with top notch wireless devices. I'm dedicated to resolving this for you once and for all. When it comes to your device, are you possibly overcharging your device? When we learn of warm devices, it usually relates to a past overcharge. Are you using the charger that came packaged with the device? Do you recall how long your device lasts on a full charge. Please keep us updated, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
lightbias

Mine is doing the same now.  I need to know how to contact Asurion so that they can replace my phone.  I certainly hope that they will.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I give you the info for asurion  http://www.asurion.com/  i hope this Helps Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
Not applicable

i too am having the same problem, phone over heats when charging. battery drains too fast. i am not due for an upgrade for at least another year.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

barbim,

This is crazy. Is there any kind of physical or liquid damage on the phone? Are you using the charger that came with the phone? Have you tried a different charger? Would love to get to the bottom of this for you ASAP.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

hey thanks for responding. it actually is better now, but yeah it was crazy, it had gotten so hot i could not even touch it. i am using the charging dock that came with it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow! I'm glad it is working better now.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Notahappycustomer41
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issues with My Htc Rhyme not only the getting hot and not holding a charge but now It keeps reading damaged SD card and wont mount a New one I recently bought a Sandisk like the one I had before 8gb but went with a 16gb this time and its a BRAND new one out of package and the phone reads Please put in SD card when Trying to use the camera ???? I know how to reboot the phone tried that, also I have gone into settings and made sure to mount and unmount SD card from the SD card and phone storage setting Nothing is working I also tried using my husbands Working card from his phone just to test it and still Nothing when I go to camera it says please insert sd card UGGGGGGG So frustrated at this point I went to file a claim to replace my phone ( Yeah 99.00 for a deductible) NO THANK YOU I know all about the moisture question did it get dropped in water or has it gotten wet in any way No it hasnt, But I knew enough to look at the little sticker you put in back to tell if it has and when I got the phone New the sticker was covered in little xxxxxxxx's but i chose to keep the phone anyways cause it used to work just perfect and had no problems with it but now I have 6 months left in my contract and my phone is turned on me I have no idea what to do at this point the screen keeps going black and says No Data Storage on Phone so I have to keep turning it off and back on again I am So sick of this phone I wouldnt recommend it to anyone ~

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Notahappycustomer41, we want you to be a happy customer again! Did you recently recieve a software update on your device? Have you had your device evaluated by a store representative? http://vz.to/3SdsA Please tell us more so that we can further assist you.

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes