Phone "spazzes" out when plugged in
SalSci

I can't think of any better way to describe it other than when my phone is plugged into the charger, it sometimes completely spazzes out. 
It will open several different random screens (I've noticed the Google search screen, the home edit screen and a clock) in rapid succession and the phone vibrates irregularly but at a quick pace.  The touch screen or none of the other buttons work unless I pull the plug.  Everything stops after that and the phone works fine. This doesn't happen all the time either, seems to be random and I can't get it to do that when I need to.  Any ideas what is going on and how to fix it?

0 Likes
Re: Phone "spazzes" out when plugged in
B33
Legend

Have you Tried Pulling the Battery i think you can with this phone and then holding down the Power button with the battery out for about 20 sec.  Give that a Try then Hook up the Charger..   Welcome to the Forum Smiley Happy b33 

A side Note  If were not using the charger that came in the Box Try using it... 

0 Likes
SalSci

It is still the original charger.  I am also on my second extended battery.  It did this with the first battery too.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SalSci, let's get your phone back to working normal. First, do you have an anitvirus installed? If so, please uninstall as those have been known to cause these types of issues. Do you remember downloading any new applications when this started? Please make sure that you have current software by going to Settings, Software update. To check the version, go to Settings, About Software Information. The current software version will be 4.05.605.14, baseband 8K:2.23.10.0123r. If the software is update and this is still occuring, boot your phone into safe mode http://bit.ly/UveVwG and plug into charger to see if still happening. This disables all 3rd party apps to see if one may be causing the issue.

Let me know if you still need assistance after this.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SalSci

I do have an anti-virus on it, but it was installed after the spazzing started.  I don't think it was any software in particular.  Like I said it, only happens when its plugged into the charger, and not always.  Aside from being plugged in, I can't find any rhyme or reason why it goes crazy when it does.  That being said, it isn't spazzing out as much as it used to but the home keys now don't work very well.

0 Likes