Poor Reception/3G service compared to other phones?
Jvars

Has anyone else had a problem with reduced reception compared to other phones? At my house with the Tbolt I can barely get 1 bar and at -99dBm to -103dBm.   Also constantly dropping 3G going to 1X or nothing.  With my husbands Droid and my prior Droid we usually had at least 3 bars of service and never dropped 3G.  We are not in a 4g area and I have the phone set to use 3g only.

Is there anything that can be done about this or is it a radio problem with the Tbolt?  I am going to have to return it soon if this is the way it is going to be.  No use having a phone you can't really use !

0 Likes
Re: Poor Reception/3G service compared to other phones?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The signal doesn't seem any different from the HTC Droid Eris for me. I am in an area with only 3G and someplaces a weak one bar signal at that.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rainydaylady

I live in a 3G area and get great service, even better than with my original droid, which was better than my LG env2. In 2 thin lines of area where I previously always had calls drop or internet drop, I don't with the Thunderbolt. I even get great reception in my basement.

0 Likes
bobfireman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine works as good (probably better) than my original Droid.  I haven't had a dropped call yet with the T-bolt that wasn't my fault.

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your feedback. Adding to what was stated, the Thunderbolt would default to a 3G connection if not able to secure a 4G connection as it primary function. Being on the indoors or in an area where could be reception issues, sometimes signal strength can vary. This is depending on what is hindering the connection to the towers and/or other unknown factors causing the signal to fluctuate. Perhaps you can try power cycling your device can help refresh the signals to make a better connection if you are experiencing receptions issues. 

0 Likes