Porting calendar appointments from Blackberry
llevine1

I just recently replaced my beloved Blackberry Storm (I believe) to the Thunderbolt by HTC. While the reps at Best Buy were able to port over my contacts they said I would have to manually re-enter all my calendar appointments, which I surely am not looking forward to doing.

Is there an easier way to do this other than manually re-entering them ?

Thanks !

0 Likes
Re: Porting calendar appointments from Blackberry
Wildman
Legend

Installed Google Sync should work both ways...  http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/

Also if you installed the Blackberry software it usually has a export option and you can export the information to a cvs file and then you can log into your gMail account and import the data from file through the sites import option..

0 Likes
rapongallo

I had the same thing. At home I rely on Microsoft outlook and synced my storm to to comp and it would sync with outlook, I installed Google sync like wildman says and it flawlessly imported all my calendar info to my thunderbolt.

0 Likes
levinll

I guess I have to have Verizon activate my old blackberry for me to use this app.

Thanks for the help !

0 Likes
rapongallo
It should work if you use the usb to hook it to the comp and open the blackberry desktop software. My phone was already deactivated when I did it. There is a setting in the bb software to sync with outlook.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

rapongallo wrote:
It should work if you use the usb to hook it to the comp and open the blackberry desktop software. My phone was already deactivated when I did it. There is a setting in the bb software to sync with outlook.

Thats correct, the phone does not need to be activated, just use usb cable..

0 Likes