Power/Battery issues
Atomisk

My wife has had her Rezound for about four months now and she's had lots of problems with it turning itself off randomly.  Not to mention we've already had to replace two batteries. I must say it's getting kind of old. Is this a common issue with the phone or just our bad luck.

0 Likes
Re: Power/Battery issues
love4kb2

I got my HTC Rezound in April.  I am on my third phone now. I had the same problem with mly first phone where it would start up then cut off so I was sent a replacement phone.  The replacement phone was a piece of junk with other issues.  I finally got them to send me another replacement.  This phone was working ok but the battery was draining fast.  Today I was in the store, phone hadn't been used except for about 3 or 4 short phone calls, and a notification came up saying I had 20% power left.  Within 5 minutes without any use, the phone was dead.  Using my regular battery, it wouldn't power back up so I put in my extended battery.  It will power up but will cut off.  I like the phone but I am regretting that I got it.  I know when I go in the store tomorrow there will be a problem.  Does anyone know whether you get a new phone after 3 phones or do they just keep sending replacements?  I am going crazy!!!

0 Likes
Re: Power/Battery issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Atomisk

The problems you have described would be very frustrating. Let's get to the bottom of this!

Did this start after an application was downloaded? When does it power itself down? When using a specific application? Please power the device in safe mode and retest. Here's a link on how to use safe mode: http://bit.ly/KYawSo

Let me know if that helps, if not I will be happy to further troubleshoot with you.

Thank you,
JoeL_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes