Power Cycle And 4G Loss
MDagg77

Ever since I did the new update on the HTC Thunderbolt, everytime I power cycle the phone I get NO DATA CONNECTION!!  I have to MANUALLY restart 4G but changing it to 3G then 4G and it comes back.  What is going on?!?!

0 Likes
Re: Power Cycle And 4G Loss
bearone21
Legend
haven't heard that one before.
0 Likes
MDagg77

IDK if I am the only one but I have to MANUALLY restart for 4G every time I power cycle the phone, can ANYONE tell me if that is normal?  Why is it the Thunderbolt is the only one of the 4G phones that are having issues like these??

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You do get that it was the first 4G phone, all devices have issues when they are using new technology for the first time...

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

Can you give us a little more information? When exactly do you get this message? When I restart my phone, I get a message that says No Service for the 15 to 30 seconds it takes to locate the service. Do you have your Mobile network turned on or off when you restart your phone. I use the Mobile network widget and just leave it on all of the time. You can also go into Settings/Wireless & networks/Mobile networks (Under the Mobile network check box) and check Enable always-on mobile data. If I have Mobile network on when I restart, or turn the phone off and on, it automatically starts up my data network when it opens back up.

I don't know if any of this will help. I've never seen that specific message, so without more information, I'm just guessing. If none of this helps, you probably need to take it to Verizon and let them try to trouble shoot it.

0 Likes
Sam_K
Enthusiast - Level 3

Apparently another update is coming soon that will fix the 4G issues.  Here's a link to the rumor.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Another-software-update-due-for-the-HTC-ThunderBolt-soon_id20411

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

MDagg77

I am not aware of this issue you are having with your Thunderbolt losing 4G signal.

May I ask if you have a 3rd party application on the device which allows you choose which network you want to utilize?

If you are using such an app, have you tried removing it to see if you produce the same results?

0 Likes
MDagg77

I'm not using any 3rd party app, I have noticed when I either power cycle or go into a cineplex, I have to manually toggle 4G back on.  I am VERY resistant to doing a hard reset since I have a lot of apps & info on my Thunderbolt (Angry Birds scores), I am thinking of going to another 4G device if issues like this is still happening.  I heard great things about the Droid Charge or might consider the Droid Bionic but I have to wait til I either save up for it or wait for my 2 year renewal.  I just think that if the phone is supposed to the one of the best, it should act like that :smileysad:

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

MDagg77 wrote:

I'm not using any 3rd party app, I have noticed when I either power cycle or go into a cineplex, I have to manually toggle 4G back on.  I am VERY resistant to doing a hard reset since I have a lot of apps & info on my Thunderbolt (Angry Birds scores), I am thinking of going to another 4G device if issues like this is still happening.  I heard great things about the Droid Charge or might consider the Droid Bionic but I have to wait til I either save up for it or wait for my 2 year renewal.  I just think that if the phone is supposed to the one of the best, it should act like that :smileysad:

Hi MDagg77,

I am sorry to learn of the data connection issues you are experiencing. I would also perform a hard reset as a last option as it removes all current data from the phone and bring it back to factory settings. I checked my resources and I learned that removing the SIM card and re-inserting after 20 seconds has resolved issues like the one outlined on your post for other customers. Please visit link below for instructions.

SIM Card Installation Instructions

0 Likes