Prepare Thunderbolt for Selling
pcuz

Hi,

I want to sell my Thunderbolt. On AT&T I would just clear the phone of my information then take out the SIM card and it would be ready to be sold.  How do I do this on a CDMA phone which has no SIM card to deregister it from me so that I can sell it and a new person can register the device with Verizon?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Prepare Thunderbolt for Selling
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The Tbolt does have a 4G LTE SIM card. You should remove it from the phone. The person buying the phone will have to get a new SIM card.

You should return the phone to a factory state by completing a factory reset. From the homescreen, press menu > settings > SD & phone storage > factory data reset. Follow the instructions. When it is complete turn the phone off either with the power button or a battery pull.

If you are selling the included sd card with the phone, you should format that sd card. Under the SD & phone storage > unmount SD card > Format SD card. Make sure you have transfered everything you want/need from the sd card before you format it. Pictures, ringtones, documents, etc.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The Tbolt does have a 4G LTE SIM card. You should remove it from the phone. The person buying the phone will have to get a new SIM card.

You should return the phone to a factory state by completing a factory reset. From the homescreen, press menu > settings > SD & phone storage > factory data reset. Follow the instructions. When it is complete turn the phone off either with the power button or a battery pull.

If you are selling the included sd card with the phone, you should format that sd card. Under the SD & phone storage > unmount SD card > Format SD card. Make sure you have transfered everything you want/need from the sd card before you format it. Pictures, ringtones, documents, etc.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pcuz

Thanks for the responce!

0 Likes