Problem: One message wrongly marked unread
Erin

I have one text message that keeps saying it's unread, but I have read it.  If I delete that one, the one before from that person is turned to unread.  If I get a new one from her, THAT one stays marked as unread even after I open it to read it.

I have checked my contacts and calendar to make sure no alerts have been ignored.  I cleared the cache and data for Messages, but that didn't do it either.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Problem: One message wrongly marked unread
Wildman
Legend

All you should have to do is open the Meggaging app and click the persons message view to show rgewad and scroll slow through message list and the system should make as read..

0 Likes
Erin

I know and that's what normally happens.  However, when I do that for this message, it stays marked as unread.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Erin,

I understand how annoying it can when a message keeps displaying as unread. I that you tried clearing Cache and Data for messages. Please note that clearing Cache and Data for HTC Sense has resolved this issue for other customers please try it and let us know if it works.

Menu>Settings>Applications>ManageApplications>All>HTC Sense> Clear Data.

0 Likes
Erin

Thanks for replying, but unfortunately, that didn't do it. :smileysad:

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Try clearing the data in the Dialer Storage app. This will delete all your text message and call log. Settings > Applications > manage applications > all tab > scroll down to the Dialer Storage and select it. Press the clear data button.

If you want to keep your messages, you can backup your text messages with an application from the Market. I like SMS Backup and Restore from Ritesh Sahu. The application will save the messages to the sd card and and then you can restore them after clearing the data in the Dialer Storage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you all for the suggestions.

@Erin,

Have you had a chance to try the suggestion Ann154 provided? If that doesn't help then you may need to try a hard reset.

Please post back if you are still getting the unread message for your text messages after following the suggestion provided. I'll be more than happy to further troubleshoot.

0 Likes