Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Problem with Internet Connection Mode
Erin

I followed the manual instruction, but nothing shows under my PC's list of available wifi connections.

• I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 running Windows Vista.
  • HTC Sync is latest version (3.0.5517) and shows connection to phone.
  • Phone shows Internet Connection Mode as selected.
  • Data connection is on (Mobile network is checked)

What's the problem?  Thanks.

Erin

0 Likes
Re: Problem with Internet Connection Mode
gina7289
Novice
If ur wanting to connect ur laptop u have to use the mobile hotspot to have the computer see it.
0 Likes
gina7289
Novice
It's an icon in the all apps.
0 Likes
Erin

Verizon says this is separate from mobile hotspot so you don't have to use the latter.   Mobile hotspot will start charging again in 2 weeks while tethering remains free.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Erin,

Just to clarify, the cost for the mobile hotspot/ mobile broadband connect has not been determined after 6/15. You will receive a message on the device asking if you would like to continue the service at a cost. 

As stated by a previous member, there is an app on the device that needs to be setup to use the mobile hotspot feature. It does require some setup, like a security password, but it really easy to complete. I would verify that the router name (SSID) is filled out & that the security is set to WPA2 (AES). Also, I would recommend changing the default password for added security.

Hope this helps...

0 Likes