Problems after Gingerbread Update...
RescueEMT911

Hello all,  After speaking with Verizon's and HTC's Technical Support, and them saying they have not heard of anyone else reporting these problems I thought I would post this just to see if anyone else is experiencing the same problems I am after the Gingerbread update. Of course I too have the voicemail issue but that I hope they are working on.  But I also have an issue with the system and notifcation sounds, they are almost faded, when you first play them or when they are first used they are at maybe 30% of the regular volume, but if you play them again right away they get louder (or are normal volume) and my other problem is under battery settings/usage, the 'DIALER' is using a large amount of battery, coming in second only to the display.  It seems as if after you make one call the dialer never shuts off and keeps using the battery.  For example today I made one 10 minute phone call and the dialer app was showing as using 14% of the battery.  This cannot be right?! I spoke with Verizion Tech Support and they said that the usage should be around 3-6% max for the day.  This is my second factory reset, I installed NO apps at all and this time even took the sd card out. with same problems, unfortunately Verizon just said they could send my a Certified Like New which I do not want to do since I have kept my phone in brand new condition.

I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing these problems? Because HTC and Verizon said they have not had any reported problems with these issues... thank you so much for any input!!

RescueEMT911

0 Likes
Re: Problems after Gingerbread Update...
Jimbodaddy
Enthusiast - Level 2
I smell something funny. I for one have kept quiet about all of the problems I have had with my Tbolt seeing as the issues I have had have been discussed ad nauseum. I have 2 of these devices and had the random reboot issue with MR1, and the random data drops with MR2 and some with the GB install. I currently also have no vm notification. Add to that the negligence on the part of the manufacturer with the massive security hole with the logger apk, I am very disappointed that I am locked into this phone for another 18 months.
0 Likes
XenoGod2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

RescueEMT911 wrote:
But I also have an issue with the system and notifcation sounds, they are almost faded, when you first play them or when they are first used they are at maybe 30% of the regular volume, but if you play them again right away they get louder (or are normal volume) and my other problem is under battery settings/usage, the 'DIALER' is using a large amount of battery, coming in second only to the display.  It seems as if after you make one call the dialer never shuts off and keeps using the battery.  For example today I made one 10 minute phone call and the dialer app was showing as using 14% of the battery. 

RescueEMT911

Can't say I have had problems with sound or power useage. Did you check the settings for sounds at all?? Maybe there is an option that is enabled which could cause the problem you are having.

For power consumption after making a 30 minute phone call earlier tonight (and with the calls I made total today) the dialer is only using 2% and voice calls used 29%...  I am currently using one of the refurbished Thunderbolt (using verizon extended battery) I bought when I started service.

Makes me wonder if your problem is either the phone itself (sometimes they can go bad and even replacements can have problems), software update (probably not the cause since virtually everyone would have the same problem), or software update that went bad during install...

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Now I want to make this clear I am not saying the device is perfect but I have had nice luck with my device and have been enjoying my device, I am still hoping that the info about 4G hitting KC soon is correct so I can have a more stable 4G connections.

I havent ever used the VM so I cant say I noticed the issue (YouMail) is the best for me...  As for the volume situation have you check the options to have increasing volumes, or the one that lowers volume when picked up,   Make sure you disable al the options under the Settings / Sounds menu...

screenshot-1317702341409.png

0 Likes
RescueEMT911

Wildman, yes all of the voume adjusting settings are disabled, there were never any problems before the gingerbread update. Even if you just go into notification sound and listen to one the first time it will be very quiet and if you press it again it will get louder.  Funny thing is I really never had any problems before the update either, but with this dialer eating up so much battery it is concerning considering the battery life is already the worst of any verizon 4g phone, this is not to say I do not LOVE MY PHONE, if I didnt I would not have spent a small fortune on all the cases, new batteries (extended/stock), etc. for it.. lol...

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Well this is one of the type of situation that I suggest you concider a reset to try to resolve your issues, the Gingerbread code was a major update it is common for settings remaining on device from previous build can cause issues..... Maybe a backup and hard reset should be tried before identifing any item to be the nature of your issue...

0 Likes
RescueEMT911

Have hard reset 3 times since the update

0 Likes
RescueEMT911

Maybe my phone is not working correctly?  After the stock Gingerbread upgrade is 14% battery usage for the DIALER app to high after one 10 minute call all day? I am just wondering if other people are experiencing higher % of battery usage on the dialer app after installing gingerbread?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I will say it is very easy to to lower the volume by accident. Those toggles on the side are still able to be used when the screen is off. For me, just getting the phone out of the holder, I usually end up lowering the ringtone volume.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

budone wrote:

I will say it is very easy to to lower the volume by accident. Those toggles on the side are still able to be used when the screen is off. For me, just getting the phone out of the holder, I usually end up lowering the ringtone volume.

That's why I use RingGuard (free on market):smileywink:

0 Likes