Problems with apps after 2.11.605.9
avilanche

After the last patch I have started having problems with several apps that no longer work properly.    This include freezing for up to 20 seconds or other erratic behavior.  I wanted to know if others had this issue and if there is a way to fix it.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with apps after 2.11.605.9
Wildman
Legend

This is one reason the hard resetting a device when you do a major update of a OS, there is a number of code changes made to add the new functionality and increase security, this causes apps to not work because the developer hasnt updated their application to support the new OS.

My suggestion is to backup all apps to sd card with ES File Manager and then hard reset the device to resolve this issue and only install the apps that the market shows is supported by the latest update.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/658707#658707

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab289/wildman3064132/AstroBackup.gif

phat6
Enthusiast - Level 3

The one problem I am having is YouTube will not play anymore if you turn off the screen to save battery while you are listening to music.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You may can resolve the YouTube issue by simply clearing YouTubes Cache or uninstalling and reinstalling the app..   Clear cache by going to Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / Youtube / Clear Data...

0 Likes
phat6
Enthusiast - Level 3

That was a.good thought, what is working now is just uninstall all YouTube updates and it works just like it used to. If you update YouTube you can not turn off the screen while listening to a song.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have been using YouTube for some while and I never remember it playing still when device was put to sleep...  Pandora and other audio apps does this but YouTubes plays videos and as far as I know a video players automatically stops playback when screen is off unless the app added a option for this.

0 Likes
phat6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just uninstalled all YouTube updates and it will now play a.video when you

turn off the screen. Can you make a playlistism with pandora

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Glad that worked but I dont know whats diffrent on the TB because YouTube doesnt keep playing on my device now and I have the recent update, strange one....

As for question sbout playlistism, I am not sure what that is, if it like a play list Pandora can play music groups but not a play list...

0 Likes
phat6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Removed the latest YouTube updates and it works on mine

0 Likes