Question on cost of features for Thunderbolt
dmc271
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

I purchased a Thunderbolt 4G phone last week with the unlimited data plan.  Can someone from VZW tell me how much it costs to use each of the following features?

(1) Mobile hotspot: When I currently use this, it says that it's free for a limited time. But, I would like to know the price after the promotional period. The sales rep told me that since I'm on the unlimited plan, it will be $30/unlimited after the free promotion ends. Can someone confirm the price of this service?

(2) Internet Connection Mode: This is a feature that allows me to connect a PC to the Internet by using the phone. The computer and phone need to be connected via a USB cable. Can someone tell me how much it costs to use this feature?

It's scary that Verizon charges extra for so many of the built-in features, so I'd like to know how much they cost before touching anything on my phone.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Question on cost of features for Thunderbolt
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you all for your replies.

Hello anglersrus,

If you have a 4G device with unlimited data you are definitely able to add Unlimited Mobile Hotspot for a $30 monthly subscription.  If you've attempted to use this service after 7/7/11 when the promotion had ended you would've been prompted to subscribe to this service. Let me know if you have any additional questions regarding this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
anglersrus

I Haven't gotten a straight answer from anyone at the store or tech support reguarding the $30 unlimited mobile hotspot feature on the Thunderbolt. (had the phone since its launch, when the mobile hotspot promo was starting)  I use my phone as my internet connection on my computer because there is nothing else available where I live.. I don't want to wait too long and lose the option to get it.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

dmc271 wrote:

Hello,

I purchased a Thunderbolt 4G phone last week with the unlimited data plan.  Can someone from VZW tell me how much it costs to use each of the following features?

(1) Mobile hotspot: When I currently use this, it says that it's free for a limited time. But, I would like to know the price after the promotional period. The sales rep told me that since I'm on the unlimited plan, it will be $30/unlimited after the free promotion ends. Can someone confirm the price of this service?

(2) Internet Connection Mode: This is a feature that allows me to connect a PC to the Internet by using the phone. The computer and phone need to be connected via a USB cable. Can someone tell me how much it costs to use this feature?

It's scary that Verizon charges extra for so many of the built-in features, so I'd like to know how much they cost before touching anything on my phone.

Thanks in advance!

#1 should be clearer after tonight since the OTA apparently gives a message to contact Verizon to add the hotspot if you try to use it.  Some have reported that they were able to get the $30 unlimited hotspot added whiles others said the rep they talked to had no clue what they were talking about.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Hotspot 30 for unlimited. I have it since yesterday's update. Then the $29.99 data plan.
0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you all for your replies.

Hello anglersrus,

If you have a 4G device with unlimited data you are definitely able to add Unlimited Mobile Hotspot for a $30 monthly subscription.  If you've attempted to use this service after 7/7/11 when the promotion had ended you would've been prompted to subscribe to this service. Let me know if you have any additional questions regarding this.

0 Likes