Remove CityID app (sort of)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
It looks like you can remove the CityID app from your app drawer without a lot of work. The apk file is in the system, but it no longer runs in the background either.

I tried the steps and it worked!

Note: This only works for the HTC Thunderbolt.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/04/26/city-id-is-now-the-greatest-bloatware-app-in-history%e2%80%a6be...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Remove CityID app (sort of)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Sounds like it wasn't removed completely.

Ever since I removed the application per the instructions, I haven't seen it in the memory.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I just force stop and clear the cache so it will work for a few days!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

so can you only uninstall if it opens/prompts you on it's own? it popped up a couple days ago and i just hit "exit." i wasn't really paying attention. will it ever pop up again? i don't see that there's any other way to uninstall it.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Too bad there isn't an "easy" option for that stupid Lets Golf game. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Actually I opened the app and checked my subscription status and then there was an option to end the free trial and eventually I got to the screens shown in the article.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Pj, that would be nice to get rid of that 131 mb piece wasted space.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Yup it's so nice not seeing it.  You won't find it on my phone. :smileywink:

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Ann154 wrote:
Actually I opened the app and checked my subscription status and then there was an option to end the free trial and eventually I got to the screens shown in the article.

thanks. i guess i should've actually went to the app earlier. i went to manage apps and couldn't do anything. i'm trying to "request to start a free trial" now, but it's stuck on "waiting for a response from the server (no 3g/4g today). i'm on wifi but i guess it can't get through that way? i'll try again when the network is up.

0 Likes
NightWatcher

Well followed the steps and now gone off of menu...  but when I go into task manager it is still running, even after rebooting...  and is eating resources..  so this was useless....  I am trying to get rid of things I don't use that eat resources... but most are locked by Verizon... 

Maybe if we all send our electric bills to them because we have to spend extra charging the phone due to software we do not need or want maybe they would get the picture...  don't know but it is frustrating....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Sounds like it wasn't removed completely.

Ever since I removed the application per the instructions, I haven't seen it in the memory.

0 Likes