Returning iPhone for Thunderbolt!
dallen3

I bought the iPhone on Friday and have determined that I will be returning it to the Apple Store.  I wanted to try it out because I have not ever had an iPhone.  I currently have the original Droid and love the option to root my phone and completely customize it.  I will say that I like the easy iTunes setup and clear screen, however this phone seems ancient  since it came out last summer, compared to what is coming out shortly...the HTC THUNDERBOLT!  I dropped three calls yesterday in the Columbus, OH city limits...three!!! I do not blame AT&T for all the dropped calls, I believe this is more a flawed device than a terrible network.  I rarely drop calls with my Droid and I've had the iPhone for 3 days and it dropped three.  I mean, come on!  I will be returning next week in favor of the Thunderbolt, which has a giant screen and 4G.  I only got the iPhone to play around with, knowing that Apple has a nice return policy allowing 30 days with no restocking fee, unlike Verizon's crap 14-day policy with $35 restocking fee, what a joke.  Why would annoy have bought an iPhone at Verizon when you can play with one for free for 30 days from Apple. 

Others, what are your thoughts?  Agreed?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Returning iPhone for Thunderbolt!
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you everyone for your input. Equipment purchases through Verizon Wireless customer service over the phone, via our official website, or at our corporate store location have a 14-day Worry Free Guarantee Return Policy with a 35.00 restocking fee for returning an upgraded device. You may return your iPhone if desired and when the HTC Thunderbolt becomes available, you can upgrade to this device. Also, we apologize that currently the Thunderbolt availability date has not been released. You can sign up for an email alert of when the HTC Thunderbolt would be available. 

The link to sign up is:  http://phones.verizonwireless.com/htc/thunderbolt/

Also, listed below is a link to the Apple website explaining their return policy if your equipment is purchased through their official online store or corporate store location. http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/salespolicies.html#topic-21

Thanks,

Edw@vzwsupport.com

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

uhm...you still have only 14 days to return it, otherwise you'll have to pay full retail for the Thunderbolt. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

close.....but i didn't bother getting the iphone. i knew since last fall that the thunderbolt is what i will be getting.

0 Likes
john5481
Contributor - Level 2

iPhone is much better than the HTC. Good luck keeping the battery above 20% for more than 3 hours and enjoy your overpriced 4G data package that isn't available everywhere yet

0 Likes
john5481
Contributor - Level 2

Also Apple has a 14 day return policy for the Verizon iPhone

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

john5481 wrote:

iPhone is much better than the HTC. Good luck keeping the battery above 20% for more than 3 hours and enjoy your overpriced 4G data package that isn't available everywhere yet

thanks!!! i will!! i'm in 4g and have owned an htc for 9 months with zero issues. i will enjoy the 15mbps download speeds and built in skype (not an app) that i can use without wifi....and simultaneous voice and data (again, without wifi).

0 Likes
dallen3

Hey **bleep**, no they don't.  I talked to the Verizon Rep at the Apple Store, since you buy it at Apple, you go be their 30-day policy.  So don't tell me what the policy is, go read Apple store's policy, it overrides what Verizon's is.  Besides, i won't keep it 30 days anyway, I will return it the day before the Thunderbolt anyway.  Have fun with your slow @$$ 3g phone that is 8-months old. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Apple may give you your money back but Verizon is most likely going to see the upgrade as used and null if it goes past 14 days.  And DON'T believe everything a rep tells you.

0 Likes
dallen3

The guy told me to call Verizon as soon as I return it so that they can reset all my promo prices and make everything go back to normal.

0 Likes
agarcia34
Enthusiast - Level 3

dallen3 wrote:

I bought the iPhone on Friday and have determined that I will be returning it to the Apple Store.  I wanted to try it out because I have not ever had an iPhone.  I currently have the original Droid and love the option to root my phone and completely customize it.  I will say that I like the easy iTunes setup and clear screen,however this phone seems ancient  since it came out last summer, compared to what is coming out shortly...the HTC THUNDERBOLT!  I dropped three calls yesterday in the Columbus, OH city limits...three!!! I do not blame AT&T for all the dropped calls, I believe this is more a flawed device than a terrible network.  I rarely drop calls with my Droid and I've had the iPhone for 3 days and it dropped three.  I mean, come on!  I will be returning next week in favor of the Thunderbolt, which has a giant screen and 4G.  I only got the iPhone to play around with, knowing that Apple has a nice return policy allowing 30 days with no restocking fee, unlike Verizon's crap 14-day policy with $35 restocking fee, what a joke.  Why would annoy have bought an iPhone at Verizon when you can play with one for free for 30 days from Apple. 

Others, what are your thoughts?  Agreed?

You do know the Thunderbolt is just like the Evo that's been out for a while now.So when you get your Thunderbolt your gonna feel the same way cause the Evo has been out easily 6 months by now.All HtC did was slap another name on it.My last phone was the Evo but I would chose the iphone over it anyday.The Thunderbolt is not gonna have the sprint TV which came in handy so many times.

0 Likes