Re: Returning iPhone for Thunderbolt!
Disco63
Contributor - Level 1

AZSALUKI wrote:

john5481 wrote:

iPhone is much better than the HTC. Good luck keeping the battery above 20% for more than 3 hours and enjoy your overpriced 4G data package that isn't available everywhere yet

thanks!!! i will!! i'm in 4g and have owned an htc for 9 months with zero issues. i will enjoy the 15mbps download speeds and built in skype (not an app) that i can use without wifi....and simultaneous voice and data (again, without wifi).

Have fun paying up to $80 bucks a month for that speed!  Rumor has it that the VZW 4G tiering will range form $20 for 2 gb up to $80 for 10gb!  SOme are even saying it may go as high as $120

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

you should probably get your rumors from a more reliable source. 

0 Likes
mpf189

Lol..the Thunderbolt isn't even much of an upgrade over the current phones out, it doesn't have the tech specs of the Bionic coming out this summer. Plus, HTC puts terrible batteries in phones..and the Thunderbolt is no exception, can't imagine the battery life that phone is going to get on 4g network and with that huge screen. I'm not saying it's a bad phone, it's awesome, but it's hardly an upgrade over any phone currently on the market. You might as well wait for the Bionic..

3G is already blazing fast for me, I'd rather not pay more for 4G..

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The Bionic is just a gimped Atrix.  Heck the Droid X2 coming has it beat on paper, just no LTE radio or FFC. The impact of the Tegra 2 is still unknown and the OS isn't optimized for dual cores yet.  Plus the Evo is one of the highest rated smartphones on the market.  Throw in an LTE radio, more memory, latest SenseUI along with the newer snapdragon processor and it'll hold it's own against anything currently or soon to be on the market.  The 1400mAh battery is the only downside

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

*sigh*....yes, the tbolt is "simalr" to the EVO and yes the battery in it will be less than impressive. here are the facts. tbolt has an updated hummingbird processor (runs faster than the EVO and runs more efficiently). the kickstand allows it to stand on it's own in portrait or landscape (evo only stands up in portrait). it has the updated sense ui. it has more ram. it has 8 gigs internal (evo has one) and it is preloaded with a 32 gig micro sd (evo has 8 or 16??). it has skype built into it (it's not an app...you can go to your contacts and skype is a direct option). so it does look like an evo and has much of the same hardware....and yet it blows the evo away. besides all of this.....it will be the ONLY 4g device availiable in a week or two. the bionic and the rest will be great....in 6 months or so. i'd like mine now. also, much of android's os isn't even ready to utilize a dual core processor yet. they'll be great in the future, but again, i'd like it now  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

pjnc...if i knew you were typin, i would've just let you explain....lol. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

great minds think alike. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
dallen3

Thanks for stomping out these iPhone lovers.  I was going to respond to the stupid comment regarding it being the same as the Evo, but....its not!!! These people are hilarious to me.  iPhone is old hardward, I live in an LTE ready city, why would I want a 3g phone?  Secondly, $80/month for LTE?  Where did you hear that?  Do these people really think Verizon is going to charge and arm and leg for their new network?  NO!!!! If they do, they aren't going to get the customers to upgrade.  {please keep your posts courteous}  I only bought the iPhone to play with it, I NEVER HAD THE INTENTION TO KEEP IT!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

I belive they're basing it off of the current pricing for the LTE data cards which are $50 for 5GB and $80 for 10GB.  And common sense tells you that they're going to probably charge a good bit under that for regular handsets as data cards always cost more than comparable data on a voice plan. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

well....they will charge more, we just don't know how much. i'm ok with tiered pricing. if i can get 3-5 gigs for $50 or less, then i'm ok with that. unlimited is nice, but i don't use THAT much data. sprint charges $40 so i supect it will be at least that much and at&t doesn't have it so there's nothing to compare there. i'd be THRILLED if they do something similar to sprint like just tack on a $10-15 premium fee to use 4g, on top of the $30 unlimited plan. and as far as the EVO is concerned...even if the tbolt were the same as the EVO, i'd still buy it....lol. the EVO was WAY ahead of anything 8 months ago and would still be the only 4g device if vzn got it today. verizon's devices are typically a bit out of date, compared to other carriers. we got the inc when sprint got the EVO...we got the fascinate a bit later than other carriers got their version of the galaxy s. aside from the line of motorolas (which other carriers just don't have comparables for), the other manufacturers typically have have newer, more updated devices for other carriers. i always just figured that verizon puts more time and resources into their networks, where other carriers put a bit more time and resources into their devices and the manufacturers that provide them. just my theory though.

0 Likes